Bug in Reports Plugin

Jonathan1683

Jonathan1683

Hello I am not sure where this should go or how to contact the dev, but I was wondering if the missing episodes function can be fixed.  A lot of the times it shows episodes as missing that have not aired yet.

Thank you,

• Like 2

Happy2Play
Just now, Jonathan1683 said:

Hello I am not sure where this should go or how to contact the dev, but I was wondering if the missing episodes function can be fixed.  A lot of the times it shows episodes as missing that have not aired yet.

Thank you,

True as they are virtual items in the database that are pulled in via Upcoming.  I guess an additional filter is need.

MBSki

The plugin also seems to be marking episodes that are in my library as "missing" even if they've aired. Any idea why that might be? Is there a way to refresh the missing episode data for the report plugin?

MBSki
2 hours ago, Jonathan1683 said:

i noticed that last time i used it as well, but i didn’t think anything by of it because it only happened 1 time

I've tried re-running it multiple times over the past several days, but I keep getting the same result. It's weird because some shows are fine, but others are way off.

@Luke What's going on with the reports plug-in? Can you fix the missing episodes issue? Or maybe add a filter and grouping on TV Series to the Episodes view in the app?  

• 1 month later...
Jonathan1683

anyone have any idea on how to contact the dev? The plugin pretty much doesn't work at all at this point. I would love to get it working again.

6 hours ago, Jonathan1683 said:

anyone have any idea on how to contact the dev? The plugin pretty much doesn't work at all at this point. I would love to get it working again.

What other issue are you having?

See my post #105622 regarding the Reports plugin claiming episodes are missing and the apparent reason why. (Didn't spot this post earlier or I'd probably just have chimed in here in the first place). I too would love for this to get fixed.

Edited by jhyler

As long as I'm posting here, here's another (arguably) bogus missing episode bug:

Suppose some show has a two part episode that's been consolidated.  I.e, instead of the two one-hour episodes in TheTVDB it's now being broadcast or streamed as a single program, as in (real example):

Buffy The Vampire Slayer s6e01e02 - "Barganing, Parts 1 and 2"

The reports plugin will tell you you have episide 1 but not episode 2. This may not be entirely the fault of the Reports plugin; I'm not sure the server is aware of episode 2 either.  I hope this doesn't sidetrack this thread from the main issues that truly are the Reports plugin.

I find this is more common than many might think, but to me it's not nearly as annoying as what I posted above.

Edited by jhyler

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, jhyler said:

As long as I'm posting here, here's another (arguably) bogus missing episode bug:

Suppose some show has a two part episode that's been consolidated.  I.e, instead of the two one-hour episodes in TheTVDB it's now being broadcast or streamed as a single program, as in (real example):

Buffy The Vampire Slayer s6e01e02 - "Barganing, Parts 1 and 2"

The reports plugin will tell you you have episide 1 but not episode 2.

I find this is more common than many might think, but to me it's not nearly as annoying as what I posted above.

Yes, as Emby knows there is a   <episodenumberend> but truly does not track to episode as there are no provider ids as it in one item.  Just like if have the combined version then later remove it and add individual episodes the second part is no longer watched as it now has a providerid that has never been tracked.

I would assume this will always be the case until Emby supports nfo files with multiple <episodedetails>, but there is another topic on that.

• Agree 1