LiveTV - Limited streams/tuners available

neik

Hi there,

I just noticed that when the simultaneous streams are limited the user doesn't have the chance to see when all the streams are actually locked by others, all he sees is the standard error message  "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

Two improvements:

1. I find the current error message not very intuitiv, why not say that no tuner is available or that all tuners are currently in use?
  2. Even better though would be when all tuners are in use, all the channels that can not be tuned should by grayed out.
    Only the channels being streamed (iptv) and the channels on the same transponder (e.g. HDHomeRun) should be selectable as only those can be streamed at that time.

Thank you!

Hi.  The first suggestion is a good one.  The second, while pretty cool, is probably not practical to implement.  Also, it would not be obvious at all why the channels aren't available so just a better error message on tuning attempt is probably a better solution.

7 hours ago, ebr said:

Also, it would not be obvious at all why the channels aren't available

When clicking on them the improved error message could be displayed but on the other hand the minute I am writting it I feel it would be redundent.

So, an improved error message would already be a good first step forward. 🙂 

• 1 year later...
jayroos

I would like to see the channels being streamed identified in the guide similar to the way shows being recorded are marked. Then any error message could direct the user to look for that particular mark allowing them to at least stream that channel(s).

This really is a frustrating issue with limited tuners. While an admin can hop over to the server dashboard and see what's being streamed, a regular user only gets frustrated.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, yes we plan to improve on this workflow in future updates. Thanks.