Latest Media not updating on Home Screen/Movies/TV

Drazgo

i don't think there's a bug here. it sounds like maybe you just want different behavior and you're interpreting the current behavior to be a bug

Quite possibly the case... I am going off my perceived past experience.

All I can say from past experience is that when I have added media or pointed MB3 to a new path with Media in it... Latest content would show what was last added (or so I thought).

I never noticed older created items not showing up in the list... I assumed it was using the date it was added to the db.

Sorry for taking up so much of your time, I do appreciate you digging into this. 

I guess I will try to compensate with some manual edits in the meantime!

Thanks again!

Draz

i think in most cases when you're adding content the date file stamps are close to the date you're adding it, that's why you don't notice.

the reason we do it this way is so that if you re-install the server from scratch, all of your old files don't get treated as new.

however, re-thinking this, since we store the value in xml anyway, this may not really be necessary anymore, because your original date added will always be preserved there.

• Like 1

however, re-thinking this, since we store the value in xml anyway, this may not really be necessary anymore, because your original date added will always be preserved there.

No, I don't think we should change this behavior.  What if you don't have local metadata?

• Like 1