Sort the latest episodes first in the list.

tinywait

tinywait

I have a TV show with over 500 episodes. 

To watch the latest episode on ATV, I have to go to the latest episode with a button on the remote control for a long time.

I want the ability to sort the latest episodes first in the list.

Edited by tinywait
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Hi.  Next Up should automatically scroll to the next unwatched episode.  Where, exactly are you having this issue?

tinywait

Watch with shuffle play and quit the app.

And when I later relaunch the app, I want to select the last episode from the episode list. 

The episode list is always displayed starting from E01. I want displayed starting from last episode. (order by desc or asc)

Edited by tinywait

MBSki

I think there's a watched filter at the top of the list that you can click so it only shows unwatched. That should put your first unwatched at the top.

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Next Up should automatically scroll to the next unwatched episode.

59 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

That should put your first unwatched at the top.

I guess you both misunderstood OP. He wants descending order in Season (or All episodes) view:

2 hours ago, tinywait said:

To watch the latest episode on ATV, I have to go to the latest episode with a button on the remote control for a long time.

I want the ability to sort the latest episodes first in the list.

2 hours ago, tinywait said:

The episode list is always displayed starting from E01. I want displayed starting from last episode. (order by desc or asc)

• Like 1

tinywait
1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

I guess you both misunderstood OP. He wants descending order in Season (or All episodes) view:

You understand is correct. Thank you.

13 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

So he can watch them in reverse order?  If that's the case how does "shuffle play" come into it?

I guess I am confused...

• Agree 1

+1

I don't know what shuffle has to do with it, but there are some shows (talk shows, news shows) where I don't care to watch them all - I just want to see the latest.

• 1 year later...
allineedis

Just landed here by searching. Would love to see this option as well. Use case is simple. For some TV Shows that have a lot of seasons, like “The Simpsons” or “ Doctor Who” (there are many more examples), it makes more sense to see the seasons from new to old.

• Thanks 1