Can't scroll with remote control after updating emby v 1.0.31

Tarek369

Stan Guiseppe
5 hours ago, Luke said:

We've got it resolved. We're just trying to get the update through LG review. Thanks.

Great news, thanks Luke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
jonboyuk
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.33 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Got it this morning thanks. Great to see the problem fixed, thanks Luke.

• Thanks 1

majorsl

So I see the update is out.  The scrolling is fixed!

...but now the Stop, FF, & RW buttons no longer work in Emby.

Be wary about this update and choose which you prefer. 😆

25 minutes ago, majorsl said:

What model do you have?

21 minutes ago, majorsl said:

Can you please confirm what model TV you have?

29 minutes ago, majorsl said:

The left and right arrow should also function has Rew/FF.  Back will function has Stop.  Can you please confirm that these are working?

Actually many LG remotes don't have Rew/FF/Stop buttons, but we need to fix it for those that do.

19 hours ago, tonibrate said:

"ends at" is gone during playback. how can i get it back? besides that everything is great

you'll find it in the new Info Screen (during playback)

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.35 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

optomistic

My LG tv is broken again. I didn’t even want to update it but family member pushed it. can’t scroll in movies push down it goes left, push right it goes up. Etc…. 

3 hours ago, optomistic said:

My LG tv is broken again. I didn’t even want to update it but family member pushed it. can’t scroll in movies push down it goes left, push right it goes up. Etc…. 

Hi there, can you please go over a specific example,? Thanks.

• Thanks 1

optomistic

My main movie category is my biggest collection with over 300+, when I visit the page and scroll down it doesn’t move in relation to the commands pressed on the remote. Similar to how it was in February before LG finally released your working update. 

if I go to any other category that has less total count - say UHD movies which only contains 20 or so it scrolls fine. It’s the larger libraries that it gets hung up…. My Emby server is running on a good dedicated server machine. Dual Xeon processors, 64GB ram, video card, good network connections/stable.

(if I click on a title and press right/left, and go back to main movie page I can see the movie titles snap back to center and it worked almost normally..) this happened this AM immediately after updating Emby, I’m on my cell-phone sorry about response.) @SamES

SamES
7 hours ago, optomistic said:

if I click on a title and press right/left, and go back to main movie page I can see the movie titles snap back to center and it worked almost normally..) this happened this AM immediately after updating Emby,

What model TV do you have?

DonMilne
16 hours ago, optomistic said:

if I go to any other category that has less total count - say UHD movies which only contains 20 or so it scrolls fine. It’s the larger libraries that it gets hung up….

Sorry, I can't confirm that here. My largest movie category has 145 entries, and there's no lockup on my TV (OLED55B8PA).  I'm not using any plugins.

While I'm here, thanks to the devs for quickly fixing the missing play button, and for the previous scrolling fix.

Edited by DonMilne
  • Like 1

optomistic

Thanks everyone for all your help and fast responses!

yes, the Plugins seemed to be impacting my performance, i shut off the cover set and fan art/cover art. All good now, I didn’t even think of that so thank you.

thanks for keeping Emby going well for so long, I was an early adopter and I’ve enjoyed using it for many years! Take care everyone, and again Thanks.

• Like 1

SamES

@Luke I've seen this issue before with the cover-art plugin.  Is it expected that these plugins could have such an impact on scrolling performance of large lists?  

6 hours ago, SamES said:

@Luke I've seen this issue before with the cover-art plugin.  Is it expected that these plugins could have such an impact on scrolling performance of large lists?  

Yes it is because their file size output after processing is generally much larger than the originals.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.37 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Can you please try out the new update and let us know how it compares? Thanks !