Trailers

JustEric78

JustEric78
7 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I'm seeing recent entries.  What version of the server are you running?

image.png

4.6.7.0 I do see newer ones if I specifically go to that section as well, after turning it on to test however, it is only playing an intro from a local folder I provided to it and no trailer. Previously it would play the number of trailers I put in the settings followed by one of my intros. I have checked and validated the settings.

Trailer options.jpg

JustEric78

Thanks for moving this Luke.

I explained in the original post, but now that I have activated intros again it does not play any trailers. I do get the intro I saved locally, but there are no trailers that play before it like there used to. 

JustEric78
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

Sorry for not catching on to what you are looking for, but what do you mean by an example? I play a movie and the only thing that plays are my Dolby Atmos intros locally and then starts the movie.

I play a movie (such as)

and the only thing that plays are (xxxx).

Along with accompanying log file and details of what was played. Thanks.

JustEric78
On 12/15/2021 at 3:40 PM, Luke said:

I play a movie (such as)

and the only thing that plays are (xxxx).

Along with accompanying log file and details of what was played. Thanks.

Okay, restarted the server just to validate how it would act, perhaps I needed to do that to turn trailers back on? They play now, but attached is the log, it still played a 2017 preview. I started file The Last Duel and it played Free Fire (2017) trailer then A Mouthful of Air (2021) so hit and miss. Also attached is a shot of the new and upcoming to blu-ray as well as Netflix which appears to be where this problem is stemming from as they are both all 2017 movies. I imagine whatever fix was applied to the new and upcoming in theaters needs to be applied to the other two sections?

Upcoming blu-ray.jpg

Upcoming Netflix.jpg

embyserver.txt

• 1 month later...
JustEric78

Since I brought this up again on someone else's topic I figure I may as well revive this thread. This stopped working again shortly after this post, it does not play them now even after a fresh reboot of the server and client. It is not the end of the world I guess, but annoying problem when there is an option for it that I have setup properly. If new logs are needed I can post again, this problem though seems not to be high priority and that is understandable. 

• 2 weeks later...

For info, Vantage Point plugin which extended the functionality stopped working i believe in server beta .23 and .24

So i reinstalled Cinema Intros to see if that works and that is also not working in server beta .24

I have it set to trigger on specific tags. The folder is mapped in the settings to the correct folder containing the tag videos to be played.

However on any device it just plays the movie without any preroll intro. `when i look in the logs there is zero mention of cinema intro being invoked, logs pretty much say user clicked play and movie has started. No reference at all to cinema intros in the logs

I will get a log once the metadata refresh has finished

Not working also in .25 .26 .28 @Luke

Edited by CassTG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
obwielnls

Sadly I decided to try out Emby because Plex has broken my pre-roll intros.   I've spend most of the day on this and like you can't get them to play with either Cinema intros or Vantage point.    ;(  

• Like 1

JustEric78
1 minute ago, obwielnls said:

Sadly I decided to try out Emby because Plex has broken my pre-roll intros.   I've spend most of the day on this and like you can't get them to play with either Cinema intros or Vantage point.    ;(  

The cinema intros part of it works for me without a problem, just not the trailers. Do you have the intros in a folder that is shared and what format are you entering the address into the Intro's section with if so?

obwielnls

I do have a dedicated folder for pre-roll video.   \\nas\driver\plex\PreRoll  is how it's entered.   My movies and tv shows are in a similar spot (\\nas\driver\plex\Movies) and seem to play fine so I"m sure the server can see them fine.

• Like 1

JustEric78
2 minutes ago, obwielnls said:

I do have a dedicated folder for pre-roll video.   \\nas\driver\plex\PreRoll  is how it's entered.   My movies and tv shows are in a similar spot (\\nas\driver\plex\Movies) and seem to play fine so I"m sure the server can see them fine.

Okay, after you added that address did you run a new library scan? I assume you have seen this article and made sure you set it up in this manner, right?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001848833-cinema-intros

obwielnls

I did read that and ..   maybe here is the issue..  Does that folder have to be a library? 

The initial scan is still running..   It's grabbing over a thousand movies and a couple of thousand tv shows' metadata.  

• Like 1

JustEric78
5 minutes ago, obwielnls said:

I did read that and ..   maybe here is the issue..  Does that folder have to be a library? 

The initial scan is still running..   It's grabbing over a thousand movies and a couple of thousand tv shows' metadata.  

No, I did not at least, I think it is more likely that the scan is still running and you will just need to be patient in letting it finish. Also on the other post where you just want it to play the three files, just to clarify it will just randomly pick one of the three and it does not play them all every time unless that is what you meant? 

obwielnls

I really want the three to play sequentially.. I even started to build the three together in Final Cut but it doesn't deal with Atmos so that's not going to work.  

It looked like I might be able to make it happen in Vantage point,  make one a bump, then one a phone thing, etc.     

• Like 1

JustEric78
1 minute ago, obwielnls said:

I really want the three to play sequentially.. I even started to build the three together in Final Cut but it doesn't deal with Atmos so that's not going to work.  

It looked like I might be able to make it happen in Vantage point,  make one a bump, then one a phone thing, etc.     

Combining them into a single file is the only way I can think of making it work. Feel free to hit me up in a PM if it does not work after the scan and I will send over a screenshot of my settings. 

JustEric78
7 minutes ago, obwielnls said:

The scan finished but I'm still not getting any preroll ..   I"m on 4.6.7.0 

Sending you a screenshot of my settings

obwielnls

For anyone else the solution here was to be sure Vantage point was uninstalled not just disabled.   Seems that VP and Cinema trailers don't play well together at all.