Not showing Additional Parts for Videos.

OurfamilySpot

OurfamilySpot

I noticed that the appletv client does not show additional parts to a multipart video.   It only shows the first one.   The web client, and IOS clients both show the Additional Parts...

Is there anything I need to do or an ETA for when this feature will be in the AppleTV client?

GrimReaper

Not using Apple TV client app, but I would assume it is same as (not) visible in Android TV client app, where additional parts are not shown but they do play in successive order. 

For best experience, it is advisable to join/merge those. 

OurfamilySpot

It does not play the additional parts after playing the first parts.   Checked on several videos..   This works perfect in the Web Client and the IOS clients.

vdatanet

Indeed, the Apple TV application does not support multi-part videos. The best thing you can do is to join the parts together. Although there are applications that support multi-part videos, you get the best experience when the parts are joined.

Edited by vdatanet

• 3 months later...
OurfamilySpot

any thoughts on when this might be added into the ATV Client?

it's not always realistic, or preferable to join segments together when they really do stand alone, and the parts allow a broader story to be played.

Edited by OurfamilySpot