Group NextPVR recordings?

A32

Hi,

I have scheduled NextPVR to record and it's mostly working.
On Emby I have the NextPVR plugin and I can see the NextPVR recordings.

My problem is that Emby looks at the recording location as a single folder (calls it “others”) with everything dumped in it. So everything appears in a single long list instead of being grouped under a folder for instance.

Any suggestions on how to make Emby group the recordings in folders for easy browsing? NextPVR is doing it. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just groups.

Thanks in advance :)

C2C4E94D-3286-47F0-ADF5-9D568BAA6972.jpeg.5f375c9af707b49a2ee810bcc4ef2b9c.jpeg

AB88E677-DCD9-409F-B165-05D0EA1FCF7C.jpeg.13cec3266256aa1d0203e05e5096a184.jpeg

1FC8F1C6-3407-463F-A697-A51855E595AF.jpeg.2aa8f2582a5b9df4a0c9398b5bf56ee6.jpeg

emveepee

Sorry I don't know how Emby sorts or what views or filters your are using.  I am guessing you have some Emby genre filter on and your EPG either doesn't provide genre or the genres you have don't fit with the limited number of categories that Emby breaks recordings into.

Martin

Thank you. I know what you mean. In this case it seems like Emby is looking at the location without doing anything. Maybe it's something I overlooked.
I'll try creating a new library with that location (instead of the NextPVR location that showed up) and see.

emveepee

Yes commas separate multiple times.  In this case, I'd recommend using my update utility to sync the Emby update task after NextPVR finishes. Hopefully you have a small  number of  channels,  since Emby updates can be painfully slow.

Hopefully someone from Emby can help identify the grouping issue.

Martin

Edited by emveepee

15 hours ago, emveepee said:

I'd recommend using my update utility to sync the Emby update task after NextPVR finishes.

Thanks, Martin.

Where can I find the update utility? My Emby server and NXP run on a Synology NAS, can I use it?

For now, I'm only using Emby to watch what's recorded as I do the scheduling with NXP. But it'd be nice if I can rely on Emby for scheduling.

15 hours ago, emveepee said:

Hopefully you have a small  number of  channels

Yes, that’s the main reason for using NXP. I can remove by channel groups while with Emby it’s a painful removal of one by one :(

Thanks again for all your help 🙂

emveepee

NXP is a 3LA that takes getting used to. 

The program is called Jellyroll (using another app that name makes sense)  https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?tid=61786&pid=548125  if you need help use that thread.  I see I have to update instruction for Docker.   You will need to be able to open a shell in bash to Docker.

Martin

Edited by emveepee
  • Like 1