DirectPlay Emby 4.6.7 to Edge@Win10 Stutter

rtfmoz

Kind of a weird one, friend watching my NAS said videos were all stuttering since I updated to DSM7.0.1/Emby4.6.7.

So I launched in Chrome and it seemed fine but it was transcoding h.265 to h.264, not ideal. So I loaded up Edge as I own the Microsoft HEVC extensions and it played but with horrendous stuttering. Emby server reported Chrome Emby Web 4.6.7.0 using DirectPlay. The file was a 9GB MKV using 2160p H.265 identified by Emby as 4K HEVC playing across the LAN (1Gbe) from a Synology DS918+ (x64 processor). Happy to perform any troubleshooting you may desire to understand the issue. 30+ years in IT and at least half that supporting Windows desktop envs. Remote access available for testing as needed.

Edited by rtfmoz

Thank you for the response.

I noticed tonight Emby was transcoding his 4K stream from H.265 to H.264. So I upped my internet connection capacity in Empty and it changed to Direct Play. Then he saw the exact same stuttering issue that I was seeing. So I reverted the config back so he can continue watching and this problem is resolved.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
salvsuperb

Just here to confirm that following @Happy2Play's instructions (downgrading MS HEVC extension to v1.0.31823) solved the issue for me as well! Thank you kind sir 👏

• Thanks 1