Setting up two synology 220+ nas with emby on both need help!!!

Larksaw
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

The only big thing with subtitle I noticed was this morning the 220+ lights were flash like someone was accessing it, I login to dashboard an noticed subtitle were being download.    Whats that all about?   So far I only download 2 subtitle for 2 movies, from what I saw it was downloading a lot.

This is exactly what I was asking about the other day, automatic and manual subtitle setup.   Not happy! if it dumped unnecessary subtitles in database.

32 minutes ago, Larksaw said:

The only big thing with subtitle I noticed was this morning the 220+ lights were flash like someone was accessing it, I login to dashboard an noticed subtitle were being download.    Whats that all about?   So far I only download 2 subtitle for 2 movies, from what I saw it was downloading a lot.

This is exactly what I was asking about the other day, automatic and manual subtitle setup.   Not happy! if it dumped unnecessary subtitles in database.

Sounds like you setup automatic subtitle downloading on a library, so that's what it did.

On 12/19/2021 at 11:52 PM, Larksaw said:

Luke,

Where I got stock was mainly on support pages setting up for automatic download or manual download, then there was putting in plugin for open subtitles but there was already a place for open subtitles username and password.

You need to keep in mind with the wd mycloud personal and the best movie app we found was infuse, which did not only the metadata but the subtitles as well.   Subtitle were only gotten on individual movies.   Then while not home it was the my cloud app. 😪

With Emby I first purchased the app for Iphone played with it, as well as apple tv and with browsers.  Today we did 1 month trial on premiere, put ipad, fire tv in the mix with emby app.   If you haven't already figured out its going well.    We got couple hiccups 1 with the collection folder popping up which still shows on fire tv, the other was subtitles, I sent cayars a msg about it and got basic idea what to do.   They are working, still a little messed up with automatic vs manual but they are working.   Wife said the themes are helping to pull her off infuse!

There are little things that are little buggy, but for most part with cayars support, and myself being 62 its going very good!

Luke,

Where I got stock was mainly on support pages setting up for automatic download or manual download, then there was putting in plugin for open subtitles but there was already a place for open subtitles username and password.

Cayars had me go to opensubtitles.org register an account then put the login info in where subtitle info goes in emby.   But from reading your support docs in there was a automatic setup and a manual setup, I only wanted to down subtitles on the few movies where I needed them.

7 hours ago, Larksaw said:

Luke,

Cayars had me go to opensubtitles.org register an account then put the login info in where subtitle info goes in emby.   But from reading your support docs in there was a automatic setup and a manual setup, I only wanted to down subtitles on the few movies where I needed them.

OK then you can just use the manual subtitle download feature:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001848856-manual-subtitle-downloads

That's probably your best bet. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Larksaw said:

Luke,

Correct.  As I said, regardless if you want to manually download or have the system do this for you, it needs for you to give it your Open Subtitles account/password or neither of them will work.

Remember I said you would then want to go back and edit each Movie and TV library setting at the bottom of the page?  This is where you control the criteria used for automatic downloading.

Then check the permissions for any user you want to be able to download subs.

13 hours ago, cayars said:

Correct.  As I said, regardless if you want to manually download or have the system do this for you, it needs for you to give it your Open Subtitles account/password or neither of them will work.

Remember I said you would then want to go back and edit each Movie and TV library setting at the bottom of the page?  This is where you control the criteria used for automatic downloading.

Then check the permissions for any user you want to be able to download subs.

The highlighted section is where I'm little confused, After I did open subtitle login info as admin went to example: angels and demons choose to download subtitle all was good exactly what I was looking for, wife would login her account only movie that gave her to use subtitles was angels and demons, that was perfect.

yesterday morning I noticed nas lights going nuts, login to dashboard and subtitles was downloading to beat the band.

So I guess I screwed up!

Go to Library menu.  Click on your first Movie library current setup up. Flick the advanced switch top right (not really needed but allows you to see all options).
Scroll to the bottom and you will see a whole section like this:
image.png.0d94b2b5879f5279f01f7f31b0b57e65.png

Adjust setting for each and every library you have setup.

Hi Folks,

We have been testing emby on ipad, iphone, apple tv, fire tv, besides getting things setup right on server all the apps with the exception of one work great.

Apple tv has been acting buggy, When in main movie section scrolling it all of a sudden jumps back to the top, or jumps to music and starts flashing music main section.

Other times when in genre trying to scroll it jumps back to beginning or back out to main genre section.

I've noticed that the apple tv while scrolling only has dots going down the sides, while iphone, ipad and fire tv all have A-Z

I'm not complaining we are very happy with how this is all turning out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2021 at 12:06 PM, Larksaw said:

Hi Folks,

We have been testing emby on ipad, iphone, apple tv, fire tv, besides getting things setup right on server all the apps with the exception of one work great.

Apple tv has been acting buggy, When in main movie section scrolling it all of a sudden jumps back to the top, or jumps to music and starts flashing music main section.

Other times when in genre trying to scroll it jumps back to beginning or back out to main genre section.

I've noticed that the apple tv while scrolling only has dots going down the sides, while iphone, ipad and fire tv all have A-Z

I'm not complaining we are very happy with how this is all turning out.

We are working on getting the Emby Apple TV app caught up. Thanks for the feedback.