Emby Theater: Resuming from Beginning works but Not Resuming?

Kerros

Hello All,

This issue is on Windows 10 Emby Theater App.

I have a bit of a problem. When I start any video that I have on my Emby server from the beginning in Emby Theater, it works almost perfectly. However, when I stop anywhere at random points, whenever I try hitting the, "Resume" button, it is forever stuck loading. I am forced to restart the Emby Theater for a video to work which defeats the purpose of resuming.

I can stop in the middle of a video and hit the, "Resume from Beginning"  button and it works great. This is my temporary fix when using Emby Theater but I hope that someone may know of a solution to this issue? I wasn't having much luck searching in the forums.

Any troubleshooting advice would be appreciated (unless this is a known bug).

Hello Kerros,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

23 hours ago, Luke said:

hi @Kerros can we please look at a specific example? Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

Hello Luke,

Went through the information provided in the link. I don't have those logs for those apps and apparently Emby Theater doesn't log itself to any of those locations either. It does say upon a crash it will send logs but Emby Theater doesn't crash, I have to force close it. I can provide the app version as requested by the instructions:

• Emby Theater 3.0.15

Emby Theater doesn't seem to crash at all but instead just become stuck in an infinite loop. I can hit "Esc" on my keyboard and it backs out of a selected TV Show's episode list and into the main list of TV shows but sadly, the spinning circle of doom continues to turn as if it's still trying to resume the episode. From there I cannot click anything in Emby Theater and I am forced to close the app.

That is about all I can provide in terms of description.

7 hours ago, Kerros said:

Hello Luke,

Went through the information provided in the link. I don't have those logs for those apps and apparently Emby Theater doesn't log itself to any of those locations either. It does say upon a crash it will send logs but Emby Theater doesn't crash, I have to force close it. I can provide the app version as requested by the instructions:

• Emby Theater 3.0.15

Emby Theater doesn't seem to crash at all but instead just become stuck in an infinite loop. I can hit "Esc" on my keyboard and it backs out of a selected TV Show's episode list and into the main list of TV shows but sadly, the spinning circle of doom continues to turn as if it's still trying to resume the episode. From there I cannot click anything in Emby Theater and I am forced to close the app.

That is about all I can provide in terms of description.

@Kerros, how about this information?

• Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. If a server transcoding log was also generated during playback (in the server logs folder), please attach that as well.