Can’t sign in on Apple TV

JB1903

I’m able to log in on the Emby website and IOS App on my iPad, but when I try and log in on either of my Apple TV’s I keep getting “Invalid username or password. please try again. “

any ideas why this would be happening?

HI, are you entering a username and password directly into the apple tv app, or are you doing the Emby Connect pin code sign in?

Emby connect pin code. I put in the code and it confirms. Then asks me to put in my username and password, but tells me these are invalid

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 3:56 AM, JB1903 said:

Emby connect pin code. I put in the code and it confirms. Then asks me to put in my username and password, but tells me these are invalid

Are you trying with the same username and password that you logged into this forum with? That's the same as your Emby Connect, and you've been able to log into the forum here.

On 12/11/2021 at 3:56 AM, JB1903 said:

I put in the code and it confirms. Then asks me to put in my username and password

Hi.  You mean that the app is sending you to a user name/password screen after the PIN is confirmed?  If so, this would indicate a problem actually contacting your server.  Ensure that it is reachable and that the address shown on the server dashboard is correct.

Not sure I understand what to do… I’m using the same login credentials on this forum, Emby connect and Emby iPad app and all work fine.

The Apple TV app I’ve had to delete and re-download and as I say, I generate a pin, it gets accepted, then it asks me for my login credentials and they get rejected for being invalid…even though they work on the iPad app and website.

If I can’t get into anything at all - even my server list on the Apple TV app how can I check the address? Also if it was wrong how can I access it using the iPad app? 

would it help if I tried to change my username and reset my password? 

As a check I just logged in using same credentials on IOS app  and the website both on my phone using same credentials and both worked fine and took me straight in to my server list from which I was able to select a server and access content, so I’m pretty sure it’s not my login details or the server which is causing a problem

Edited by JB1903

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
JB1903

Hi, yes I am. Just got a friend to try logging into their server on both my Apple TV’s and they got the same result - “invalid username or password”. I really have no clue why this is happening. Been using Emby for 2 years prior to this across all my devices with no problems 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 11:00 AM, JB1903 said:

Hi, yes I am. Just got a friend to try logging into their server on both my Apple TV’s and they got the same result - “invalid username or password”. I really have no clue why this is happening. Been using Emby for 2 years prior to this across all my devices with no problems 

Hi @JB1903, did you use the server credentials that they gave you, or did you try to use your forum username and password?

JB1903

Hey! I used my username and password. When I do that on iPad and on internet browser it shows me all servers I have access to (or have previously accessed) and I can access content on the active servers no problem.

when activating my current primary server I was sent a confirmation link to link my emby account to it rather than independent server credentials which is presumably why when I log in to emby on iPad and internet browser it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2022 at 7:24 PM, JB1903 said:

Hey! I used my username and password. When I do that on iPad and on internet browser it shows me all servers I have access to (or have previously accessed) and I can access content on the active servers no problem.

when activating my current primary server I was sent a confirmation link to link my emby account to it rather than independent server credentials which is presumably why when I log in to emby on iPad and internet browser it works fine.

@JB1903 are any of these your server or are they all owned by someone else?