Content overlay

fallenwitch3r

fallenwitch3r

Can you guys create a plugin which display the contents and rating on start of each episode?

Netflix, Disney and Amazon has such overlay. It shows if the running episode include violence, flashing lights, rude speech and it shows the age rating.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
AnomalousTech

+1 to this. Would like to see it implemented. Strictly from the aspect of "health concerns". Would be nice if when playing a movie it was able to show the same warnings that the rating has. 

• Agree 1

Junglejim
7 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Where would this information come from?

LOL, I think this is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever seen!... "health concerns", that has nothing to do with ratings, what are you guys smoking. If you have the movie/tvshow you should have a good idea what the rating is! @Luke I can't even fathom why you think this is worthy of a future update?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Junglejim said:

LOL, I think this is one of the stupidest ideas I have ever seen!... "health concerns", that has nothing to do with ratings, what are you guys smoking. If you have the movie/tvshow you should have a good idea what the rating is! @Luke I can't even fathom why you think this is worthy of a future update?

Hi.  I'm guessing you didn't fully understand the OP request.  At its core, they are asking for the "rating reason" that you see in many products.  This lists out some components of the film that are the basis for the rating and, sometimes, some other key elements (such as dealing with mental health issues) as some folks are sensitive to these items.

It isn't a bad idea but, as indicated by Happy, the biggest issue is the source of the info.  I believe the big guys get this from IMDb.

fallenwitch3r

And this information from IMDb are in different languages. I think it's easy to integrate an overlay with this information.

GrimReaper

Emby doesn't scrape anything from IMDB, hence that data is unobtainable. And don't think either TVDB or TMDB provides it. 

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, fallenwitch3r said:

And this information from IMDb are in different languages. I think it's easy to integrate an overlay with this information.

They don't show a price for this information (only sample options), but IMDB wants $150,000 a year for metadata.

• Like 1

I think this would nice to have if you have kids and want to know why a movie is rated PG-13 before starting it. But only if the data is available without development being tied to a giant price tag. 

Junglejim
On 01/01/2022 at 02:00, ebr said:

Hi.  I'm guessing you didn't fully understand the OP request.  At its core, they are asking for the "rating reason" that you see in many products.  This lists out some components of the film that are the basis for the rating and, sometimes, some other key elements (such as dealing with mental health issues) as some folks are sensitive to these items.

It isn't a bad idea but, as indicated by Happy, the biggest issue is the source of the info.  I believe the big guys get this from IMDb.

Yep. :)  my bad. I just read the "Strictly from the aspect of "health concerns"" and thought wtf. Also from a ratings perspective if scraped correctly, it should be shown in the meta info. I now understand He was actually talking about "Rated PG for strong language" etc.. as a fancy overlay as the movie/show is starting.

I know some people using this server think there Netflix but some things a multi billion dollar company like Netflix can do are not in the scope of a project like this!

Edited by Junglejim

fallenwitch3r

But it should be possible to use the data that are already scraped. Age, movie genre etc are already available for the most media. 

37 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

But it should be possible to use the data that are already scraped. Age, movie genre etc are already available for the most media. 

Yes that's correct.

AnomalousTech
On 12/30/2021 at 5:53 AM, AnomalousTech said:

+1 to this. Would like to see it implemented. Strictly from the aspect of "health concerns". Would be nice if when playing a movie it was able to show the same warnings that the rating has. 

Maybe I should elaborate. When I say "health concerns", I generally mean scenes  that have rapid flashing lights. This would be a trigger for those with Epilepsy or people whom get severe migraines. There is more that can go into this as well. But that would be the primary concern for myself. 

https://www.filmratings.com/ (MPAA site) is able to pull the information being requested. Not sure if this could be leveraged in some way.  At least the reason for a rating. I did a test with Matrix, which has some pretty light shows and should have a warning, but doesn't appear this database includes that information. 

Not saying I have all the answers, or if this is even feasible. Just saying I was bumping support for the request. 

15 hours ago, AnomalousTech said:

I did a test with Matrix, which has some pretty light shows and should have a warning, but doesn't appear this database includes that information. 

Yeah, I don't believe that type of scene is factored into the rating in any way so I don't think I've ever seen that information in the "Rating Reason" field.

• 3 months later...
fallenwitch3r

I saw that emby has an overlay for live tv on the web interface that shows additional information like age rating. But why is this only available on the WebIf and not on the apps?

24 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

I saw that emby has an overlay for live tv on the web interface that shows additional information like age rating. But why is this only available on the WebIf and not on the apps?

Hi, the rest of the apps will get there. Thanks for the feedback.

fallenwitch3r

there is only the age rating at the moment . Will there be more information later like type of content?

fallenwitch3r

Maybe you could change the German name for the age rating. It says

"Bewertung"

following by the number like 16. But Rating means in this case not

"Bewertung"

it should mean

"Altersfreigabe"

what means age rating.

29 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

Maybe you could change the German name for the age rating. It says

"Bewertung"

following by the number like 16. But Rating means in this case not

"Bewertung"

it should mean

"Altersfreigabe"

what means age rating.

Can you show a screenshot example? Thanks.