emby not closing previous stream, 2 instances in ffmpeg, freezing

eeeeeesy
Go to solution Solved by eeeeeesy,

eeeeeesy
4 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

If so, then it's my fault. It's not clear by your description because you are always talking about channel playback.

i keep mentioning custom channels with ersatz tv but i guess my replies are getting burried because only one person explained how to do something. everyone else just expects me to know where these settings are and what to do. i dont know how to do any of this, thats why im asking you guys what to do. then i have to ask how to do what they are telling me to do. its taking a lot of time and creating unnecessary replies if it could have been explained rather than just typing one sentence replies.

Edited by eeeeeesy

16 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

why do you guys keep calling it a recording? i dont want to record anything i just want to stream live tv channels that i created.

Because from a diagnostic standpoint we want to know if there is a difference between playing it live or playing it back from a recording of the channel that has an additional 5 minutes (past the transition).

If it happens with a recording the same way it's then much easier to troubleshoot as we can get a copy of the recording.

16 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

i keep mentioning custom channels with ersatz tv but i guess my replies are getting burried because only one person explained how to do something. everyone else just expects me to know where these settings are and what to do. i dont know how to do any of this, thats why im asking you guys what to do. then i have to ask how to do what they are telling me to do. its taking a lot of time and creating unnecessary replies if it could have been explained rather than just typing one sentence replies.

Then just tell us you don't know what's being asked and we can explain what we need/want you to do.

eeeeeesy
Just now, cayars said:

Because from a diagnostic standpoint we want to know if there is a difference between playing it live or playing it back from a recording of the channel that has an additional 5 minutes (past the transition).

If it happens with a recording the same way it's then much easier to troubleshoot as we can get a copy of the recording.

ok so how do i make a recording?

pünktchen

Click on an upcoming show in the tv guide. In the following screen hit the record button. After that click the settings button that will occur. Edit the post padding time so that the recording lenght will cover your transitioning problem.

• Like 1

eeeeeesy

which show should i record? the one after the 3rd transition? the 3rd transition is where the problem happens

eeeeeesy

i recorded the first show and then i played the recorded file in vlc and see that it transitioned to the next show perfectly but that show did not start 5 minutes in, it started at the beginning. i have the end padding set to 5 minutes.

pünktchen
10 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

i recorded the first show and then i played the recorded file in vlc and see that it transitioned to the next show perfectly but that show did not start 5 minutes in, it started at the beginning. i have the end padding set to 5 minutes.

This is all correct. The post padding means the recording will not stop at the end of the show, but X minutes later.

7 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

once it got to the 3rd transition the recording ended

A post padding of 5 minutes covers four different shows? How long are your shows then?

eeeeeesy
43 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

This is all correct. The post padding means the recording will not stop at the end of the show, but X minutes later.

A post padding of 5 minutes covers four different shows? How long are your shows then?

the shows are 8 minutes, 4 and 5 minutes. i pressed record on the first and 4th show but i dont know if that makes a difference. sorry it only recorded 2 shows.

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy

the 2 shows it recorded are 7mins 53 seconds and 4 mins 39 seconds

the recording is 12 mins 33 seconds

Edited by eeeeeesy

pünktchen

Okay again then: Create a recording schedule and edit the post padding time so that the recording lenght will cover your transitioning problem.
Assuming every show has a length of 10 minutes, then set post padding to 40. So the recording covers the scheduled show and the following four shows.

eeeeeesy
22 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Okay again then: Create a recording schedule and edit the post padding time so that the recording lenght will cover your transitioning problem.
Assuming every show has a length of 10 minutes, then set post padding to 40. So the recording covers the scheduled show and the following four shows.

ok i will try but its hard to do that when ersatz tv randomly shuffles the shows and for 3 days of guide data

Edited by eeeeeesy

I've never seen ersatz tv before so I'm not sure how it works.

The show times you show are very unusual.

Can you take a screenshot and show us what this information looks like in your guide?

pünktchen

ErsatzTV is a standalone application similar to my VirtualTV plugin or PseudoTV for Kodi. It creates a channel m3u and xmltv file from Emby, Jellyfin or Plex libraries.

eeeeeesy
1 hour ago, cayars said:

I've never seen ersatz tv before so I'm not sure how it works.

The show times you show are very unusual.

Can you take a screenshot and show us what this information looks like in your guide?

image.thumb.png.3d9f88d692b9da65e28f3fb5e3355118.png

eeeeeesy

also, theres no transitioning problem when streaming ersatzTV in tivimate. i played 4 shows in a row and it didnt freeze while transitioning.

pünktchen

Would you please upload the recording somewhere, so maybe @softworkzcan have a look if there's something special at the boundaries of the different shows.

• Agree 1

BillOatman

Kind of a weird situation.  With 5 min of post show padding the padding for show 1 goes beyond the end of the 2nd show.

image.png.10b1fc43f69d32550f1430f4784a25cc.png

eeeeeesy
45 minutes ago, BillOatman said:

Kind of a weird situation.  With 5 min of post show padding the padding for show 1 goes beyond the end of the 2nd show.

image.png.10b1fc43f69d32550f1430f4784a25cc.png

its set to 20 minutes post show padding not 5

eeeeeesy
17 hours ago, eeeeeesy said:

i recorded these 3 shows and it transitioned into the 4th fine. with padding set to 20 minutes

image.png.8ba29f42cb9c5613b20f482c53acddb3.png

as described here earlier i said its set to 20 minutes not 5 minutes padding

5 minutes is all that was asked as going more than that just makes the files larger to upload/download which isn't good for you or us. :)
Really 2 or 3 minutes would be good but 5 minutes allows for the PC to be off slightly in time and still get what we need.

I'm downloading this now to have a look.

PS any reason you're not using @pünktchen's Virtual TV plugin for Emby vs ErsatzTV which is still in alpha, external setup and doesn't do as much?

I ran a verify on the file:

ffmpeg -v error -i "Madtv - Raging Rudolph-1 2022_01_02_19_10_49.ts" -f null - 2>error.log

It's full of errors but you can see it change to the new program and then the next followed by a very abrupt

Throughout the file are errors:
co located POCs unavailable
Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 0 (or 1)

It has byte stream issues after the cutover to the new show
[h264 @ 000001acce58e600] error while decoding MB 77 59, bytestream -10

So the problem is the source. Being this was a TS file Emby/ffmpeg is able to push through much of these errors but the bytestream error is a show stopper.
You most certainly need a different source of content if all streams are like this as they are not following specs or even close to them.