How to run EMBY for LG 2021, soft 6, soft 3.20 or higher

marcopila

marcopila

Hi everyone..

Lg hasn't yet created an Emby app for the 2021 models.
This applies to both software version 6 and 3.20 and above. The only option to use EMBY is to run a web browser on the TV. Go to the EMBY website and log in to the server and then add the tab shortcut to the main panel of the screen. Then you can see Emby at the bottom of the screen and go straight to the EMBY server without entering your login and password again. IT WORKS, because on my LG 43UP7800 I have it done. REGARDS.

Ps. I'm waiting for Emby APP from LG.

Polish  Language  below. 

Lg jeszcze nie zrobił nie stworzyl aplikacji Emby dla modeli z 2021. 
Dotyczy to zarówno oprogramowania w wersji 6 jak i 3,20 i wyzej. Jedyna opcja żeby korzystać z EMBY, to uruchomić przeglądarke internetową w TV.  Wejść na strone EMBY i zalogować sie do serwera  a następnie dodać skrót zakładki do panelu głownego  ekranu. Wtedy jest widoczne Emby na dole ekranu i wchodzić od razu bezpośrednio na serwer EMBY bez kolejnego wpisywania login i hasła. TO DZIAŁA, bo na moim LG 43UP7800 tak mam to zrobione. POZDRAWIAM.

Ps. Czekam na Emby APP od LG.

Edited by FrostByte
edited title somewhat for pinning
  • Like 4

I also tested this, and confirm that it works. But in video/full-screen mode there is an annoying thin grey bar at the top of the screen, which is the reduced browser bar. Do you know if there is a way (a possible browser option) for removing it?

@SamES @Luke

IMO this should be pinned or so.
Just a workaround but it's better having a somehow working workaround than nothing.
Might calm the frustration of the users a bit...

Just my 2 cents though...

Jirouchz

Doble click left mouse button or OK in magic RC in the playing movie, very fast. Browser will come to the real full screen mode and stay there until press back button.

I don´t understand, why in LG web browser missing function (button) for full sreen

• Like 1

Ronstang

Obviously this makes the thread I just made IRRELEVANT.  If I had known this I would not have bought these two TVs today.

It is almost 2022....when is this app going to be available?  This is ridiculous that the year is almost over and the app is not available.  I guess I should have bought the Samsung....may go do that tomorrow and take this thing back.  

Edited by Ronstang

1 minute ago, Luke said:

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.31 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Hard fight to get the app to the store but finally got there.
Thanks you, Luke! 🙂 

Jirouchz

Whoopee, a few minutes ago a turned on my TV. The start of TV was longer ten usually in case of new firmware was insatalled. I tried find out the LG store for emby application and ...It`s there .....

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 12/20/2021 at 10:33 PM, Jirouchz said:

Whoopee, a few minutes ago a turned on my TV. The start of TV was longer ten usually in case of new firmware was insatalled. I tried find out the LG store for emby application and ...It`s there .....

Do I need LG account to run Emby?

Ronstang
7 hours ago, Przemek said:

Do I need LG account to run Emby?

It has been almost a year since I set up my LG TVs but I remember signing up for an LG account, which I normally would not do unless I NEEDED it.....but what I can't remember is if I signed up in order to access LG specific content or because I needed to in order to download apps to add to the TV.  If you can download and add the emby app to your TV without an LG account then I would assume you don't need one to run it either.

4 hours ago, Ronstang said:

It has been almost a year since I set up my LG TVs but I remember signing up for an LG account, which I normally would not do unless I NEEDED it.....but what I can't remember is if I signed up in order to access LG specific content or because I needed to in order to download apps to add to the TV.  If you can download and add the emby app to your TV without an LG account then I would assume you don't need one to run it either.

Thanks for answer. I install Emby but when try to start it show me window to login into LG account. I think there's some hack to install without that but if not I will sign up.
Regards.