New Media in watched Series

Err0r0815

Err0r0815

Hi,

i have a question about the "next" category.
when i watch a series where not all of the episodes have appeared yet. and I watch all follow, the series disappears. When I watch other series and films, the first series, which is not yet complete, also seems to slip. if the new episodes are now added to the media library, the series appears accordingly far back with the new episodes.

unfortunately that is not very good because you lose sight of the series.

Is it possible that a series that "disappears" because all the episodes have been watched will appear in the first place as soon as new episodes are added to the media library?

TL; DR
incomplete series is watched to the end, new episodes will be added to the media library later. series in "next" far away.
possibility to get this in the 1st place?

thanks and greetings

Hi, the order in continue watching is based on the date you last watched the series or movie. Does that make sense?

Err0r0815

Hi,

this makes only sense if you are watching only full released series.

there should be an option (a checkbox oder slider) that you can reset this date if there are new added episodes in the media libary. do you know what i mean?

would be a nice option, is it possible?

greetings

Let's hypothetically assume only 10 items are shown in next up.  You caught up watching 3 different shows today and have no unwatched episodes.

You also have 12 other shows you watch (not caught up yet) and a couple of them you're about a month behind.
Which of the 2 shows won't make it in Next up yet (until you clear 2 of them)?  The most recent watched or oldest?
What happen if you don't watch any and tomorrow 1 of the 3 shows you caught up on today is recorded?  Now 3 won't make it.  Should the brand new show just recorded be at the front or back?

Happy2Play

In the end there is no way to accommodate how everyone one would like CW/Next Up to work.  So, a show you watched last year starts back up it will be behind all the shows you are currently watching do to the "last played/watched" date.

CW/Next Up should not be in "Last added episode" order as that would really mess up someone's CW/Next Up.

Example "The Witcher S02" is coming out soon but I would not want that to be present before all the current items I am watching and expect to be next up.  The CW/Next Up is good in all but there are other views like the Latest rows that will present you with the Latest added items and will reorder Next Up once you start watching Series again.

• Like 1

Q-Droid

I don't mean to hijack a thread but didn't want to start a new one.

I've noticed that if I delete an episode after I watch it then the following already existing episode doesn't get queued up in CW. I'm still on 4.6.4 and wondering if this has changed for the newer releases.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 7:09 AM, Q-Droid said:

I don't mean to hijack a thread but didn't want to start a new one.

I've noticed that if I delete an episode after I watch it then the following already existing episode doesn't get queued up in CW. I'm still on 4.6.4 and wondering if this has changed for the newer releases.

Re: