Need to time shift EPG

Painkiller8818

Painkiller8818

Hi,

I have a m3u List and an EPG list, but the EPG if 1h off and i need to adjust this.

I think this is because the EPG is UTC and i need to adjust it to my time zone but i can't find an option to do this.

I also had to do this in Kodi years ago but i can't find this setting in Emby.

How can i do this?

Thanks

Painkiller8818
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, we do support tvg-shift in m3u files.

Hi, i know i saw this in the support docu but i don't have an m3u i only have an online link to a php file with username and password.

I need to time shift it in emby directly.

thanks

justinrh
On 12/1/2021 at 2:39 PM, Painkiller8818 said:

i don't have an m3u i only have an online link to a php file with username and password

Just for educational purposes, can you explain this a bit @Painkiller8818?  (I don't know how to use m3u files in Emby.)  Does the PHP file generate the m3u's?  Then the m3u's exist in the cloud and you link to them?  Do you access the PHP file from inside Emby or from some other app?

Painkiller8818
5 hours ago, justinrh said:

Just for educational purposes, can you explain this a bit @Painkiller8818?  (I don't know how to use m3u files in Emby.)  Does the PHP file generate the m3u's?  Then the m3u's exist in the cloud and you link to them?  Do you access the PHP file from inside Emby or from some other app?

Yes from my provider i have a link to a php file with a code for my user, this complete link i just copy into the URL field for the m3u file and it works in emby.

I don't have the m3u local on the pc so they can always update it online when they add new channels etc.

• Thanks 1

Marijuana
On 12/4/2021 at 8:22 PM, Painkiller8818 said:

Yes from my provider i have a link to a php file with a code for my user, this complete link i just copy into the URL field for the m3u file and it works in emby.

I don't have the m3u local on the pc so they can always update it online when they add new channels etc.

There is a workaround for this to work, you need to set a second additional clock with your time zone etc and it will fix your issues.

jpeg.jpg

2 hours ago, Marijuana said:

There is a workaround for this to work, you need to set a second additional clock with your time zone etc and it will fix your issues.

jpeg.jpg

Hi, an additional clock where?

Marijuana

On windows or any pc that hosts emby server, setting a 2nd clock on windows to your time zone and time fixes the emby time sync then embys guide is correct and matches perfectly.

First check and make your your setting for adjust daylight saving time is correct.  Before it that is set wrong windows won't update that setting and while you time is shown correct a lot of windows processing and APIs return things an hour off.

That's what this sounds like to me.

You would want the setting to adjust for daylight savings time on.

• Like 1

Painkiller8818
7 hours ago, cayars said:

First check and make your your setting for adjust daylight saving time is correct.  Before it that is set wrong windows won't update that setting and while you time is shown correct a lot of windows processing and APIs return things an hour off.

That's what this sounds like to me.

You would want the setting to adjust for daylight savings time on.

Time is correct, it is all syncing using internet time

grafik.png.a86610259077820e4d52e6e38831f642.png

Sounds like something is off or configured wrong (could just be the m3u file).
What I would suggest is opening a free account at https://m3u4u.com.

You don't need to use anything there except the time offset functionality.  When you download the m3u file from them it will be adjusted.  So you set it up so they pull the file daily and you pull it from them 30 to 60 minutes later.  BTW, if you have a lot of channels you would like to remove to get a much cleaner list take advantage of their service to do this as they make it very easy to adjust your files.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
vdrover

You may consider experimenting with EPG.best. It is good at keeping M3U files updated, and will generate a NEW and dynamic M3U file for you. Importantly, you can chose an offset for each channel. 

Then, use this M3U file (with the time offset included) in Emby. 

Painkiller8818
4 minutes ago, vdrover said:

You may consider experimenting with EPG.best. It is good at keeping M3U files updated, and will generate a NEW and dynamic M3U file for you. Importantly, you can chose an offset for each channel. 

Then, use this M3U file (with the time offset included) in Emby. 

yeah but it isn't free and it shouldn't be i need to buy something external to get a working EPG with the possibility to timeshift when using a MediaServer.

This is something that should work out of the box

I would almost guarantee the problem is your provider generating the list one hour off or your computer date/time is wrong.
Having the setting to adjust daylight saving time wrong is typically the cause I've seen.

Try looking at your setting for this.  Regardless of the current setting, change it.  So if it's on for adjust daylight saving time, turn it off and save it.  Then adjust your time to the hour and try reloading the guide data.

It will either be off by 2 hours now or will be perfect.

Obviously if it's off by 2 hours you want to set it back the way it was (correct) but if it now works properly then it wasn't correctly set.

• 11 months later...