eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy

option for QUICKLY viewing tv guide without stopping the video in emby for android app

currently this feature only exists on emby for android tv but is nowhere to be seen in emby for android. i would use emby for android tv but it keeps crashing every second time i open it. the other good thing about emby for android tv is i can see even more channels while in the quick view tv guide that is displayed over the video.

eeeeeesy

option for compact tv guide in emby for android app

currently there is no option to enable compact mode for the tv guide in emby for android. it only exists in emby for android tv. i would use emby for androiid tv but the app crashes every second time i open it on my beelink gtking pure android box. i would like to be able to see more channels when i quickly display the guide over my video without stoppping the video. i can only see 2 or 3 channels at a time on emby for android.

eeeeeesy
19 minutes ago, CBers said:

Have you sideloaded this Android app onto your device?

omg its the exact same app with the issues. why did you make me re-install it?

CBers
4 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

omg its the exact same app with the issues. why did you make me re-install it?

You said that the Android TV app was crashing, this is the generic Android app.

32 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

i would use emby for androiid tv but the app crashes every second time i open it

So which is it?

eeeeeesy
1 minute ago, CBers said:

You said that the Android TV app was crashing, this is the generic Android app.

So which is it?

yes i said the android tv app is crashing so why did you make me install the pure android version that has other issues/missing features i just reported in another post

eeeeeesy
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, our standard Android app has this as well now 

i just installed it from the play store and the up button is not bringing up the tv guide on top of the video

eeeeeesy
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

There is a guide in the video osd though 

that option that say "guide" takes too long to click on. its not fast. im asking for a fast way to bring up the guide. thats why i capitalized the word QUICKLY.

eeeeeesy

another issue on emby for android tv is the holiday theme looks unfinished. its only a red theme and theres no holiday backdrops or any backdrops or backgrounds for that matter. and the only christmas theme song is the jingle bells for 5 seconds when you  open the app. its more of a sound effect than a theme song. theres also no christmas recommendations tab.

12801258_1153487811328664_3397472716294031770_n.jpg.388a8c3ba669225c4556c80a9d35a27f.jpg

Edited by eeeeeesy

32 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

theres also no christmas recommendations tab.

Did you select that option in the settings?  If you did, do you have items with the genres "Holiday" or "Christmas"?

eeeeeesy
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

Did you select that option in the settings?  If you did, do you have items with the genres "Holiday" or "Christmas"?

yes i have like 4 libraries with holiday movies and tv shows and i have selected the christmas theme and enabled backdrops and theme songs. and have enabled theme suggestions.76d88ba5-a247-4c26-a9c4-50b17b8a8a90.jpg.c03eefd02049eb674478342d831ef7b1.jpg

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy

another issue on emby for android tv in live tv tv guide is if i scroll to the right, the highlighted channel jumps to a different channel to be highlighted

CBers
1 hour ago, eeeeeesy said:

i just installed it from the play store and the up button is not bringing up the tv guide on top of the video

Install it from the link I posted above 🙄

26 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

yes i have like 4 libraries with holiday movies and tv shows

Do those shows actually have genres of "Holidays" or "Christmas" as seen in Emby?

10 minutes ago, CBers said:

Pretty sure the up arrow shortcut is not in that app.

eeeeeesy
11 minutes ago, CBers said:

are you just messing with me? i want to use emby for android tv, not the original android version.

Edited by eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy
3 minutes ago, ebr said:

Do those shows actually have genres of "Holidays" or "Christmas" as seen in Emby?

i dont know what you mean? i have to set the genre manually? all i know is i have a library called christmas movies, that has only christmas movies and a library called christmas tv that has only christmas tv shows and some other same sort of christmas holiday libraries.

eeeeeesy
21 minutes ago, CBers said:

the emby for android app you recommended looks good because it has a lot of options. originally i would have liked to use that but only if all of the features from emby for android tv could be broought over to that version. but for now emby for android tv is closer to where i want to be if only you guys could fix the crashing in emby for android tv so that can tie me over until features get added to the regular android version.

Edited by eeeeeesy

5 minutes ago, eeeeeesy said:

i dont know what you mean? i have to set the genre manually? all i know is i have a library called christmas movies, that has only christmas movies and a library called christmas tv that has only christmas tv shows and some other same sort of christmas holiday libraries.

The name of the library is not going to come into play.  The suggestions are based on genres and, unfortunately, in today's world I think it is taboo to apply genres such as "Christmas" or even "Holidays" to media.  So, if the providers do not have these then, yes, you would need to add them.

1 minute ago, eeeeeesy said:

if only you guys could fix the crashing in emby for android tv

See your other thread,  You are running an old version of the app and not on a standard Google device.  Update the app and you should be fine.