Emby on Apple IPad

Folks: I wanted to add a friend as a user on my Emby server (windows version). They are Apple people. Before I even created a user on my Emby server, they went to the Apple App store and installed Emby on their IPad. Much to my surprise, they had full access to my Emby server (instead of Emby connect). I provided no passwords or user names! They were not asked to log in. Granted they were on my wifi when they loaded the app, but when they returned home, they still had full access to my Emby server.  This isn't right. What have we done wrong? I am not an Apple person. I checked their Apple app store and there was only one Emby app to download. 

Hi, most likely you've setup users on your server without passwords and they simply clicked on one of them to sign in.

UMMMM! All the users created are password protected. The issue seems to be that the app they install is the server app and not emby connect. I don't think they are one and the same but I am not sure. When using windows/android box, I create the user name for other users on my Emby server, then using the email they provide, I invite them to join. Once they click on the join, the are prompted to setup an account with their own password. On the apple system they seem to get an Emby server.  Any additional thoughts? It is really screwy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 10:10 AM, superbobtv said:

I am not sure of anything!!! How do you tell if local passwords are set on your emby server.

@superbobtv for each user, go into Users management in Emby Server, click on that user, and then click the Password tab.

Are you given option to remove the existing password, or just set one? That will tell you if they have a password or not.

• 2 weeks later...