Emby server sets wrong IP public address

giacombum

giacombum

Hello,

My Emby server hosted on my TrueNAS server, is picking the wrong public IP address (I don't know where this address points, honestly); if I set the public address manually adding my public IP address to "external domain" in the server configuration, it works. I opened both 8096 and 8920 ports on my router and emby server has static IP address.

giacombum

I checked on my router and using whatismyipaddress and both are the same and both differ from the public IP that emby server picks.

emby.png

real_ip.png

Fritz.png

OK well this is pretty rare, but I guess that's part of the reason why we have the option to customize it in emby server network settings. If it was perfect in all possible network environments, then we probably wouldn't need the option.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried updating yet by downloading directly from our site?
If you need help with this send me a PM and I can remote in and show you how to do it.

Carlo

• 7 months later...
billxsand

Hey everyone this is happening to me too.

Was going through the checklist (forward ports, set local static IP, ) nothing worked.

Then I tried using the public IP address provided by whatismyip and PRESTO, it connected to my PC

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

billxsand

Yes but I have verified that it is closed and disconnected

EDIT: It suddenly started working so that must have been it! The addresses now match up correctly on Whatismyip AND inside the Emby dashboard. Thx

Edited by billxsand

If the VPN is causing the wrong address to be detected then you can always customize it in the server network settings. Just make sure to remember that you'll have to keep it up to date if you do that.