Collections mostly not showing up

Omahabrownie
Go to solution Solved by Omahabrownie,

Omahabrownie

I have Emby server 4.6.7.0 on a synology nas with DSM 7. I found that yesterday most of my collections where not showing up in the program. I checked in emby\data\collections and my collections are there. I checked the default collection xml and it is showing the correct path, but only a few of them show up. I tried reentering one, the backdarft one and it now shows up but when I look at the emby\data\collections the one for backdaft is still the old one and it does not say I created it today. I checked my log files and the last one made was 8/11/2021, which would not show what is happening now. I am hoping some one has an idea what is going on. 

Thanks

collections.JPG

default.collection.xml.JPG

whatsshowing.JPG

backdraft.JPG

On 4.6 & 4.7 the folder and xml file are no longer used for collections as they were retired in favor of having this completely database driven.  The collection info is also written to NFO files as well to allow for files to later be reloaded as well.

It's hard to say why they are not there now but if you didn't do a refresh meta-data after updating to 4.6 this info might not have ever been written to your NFO files.  Then if you didn't follow the specific directions to upgrade from DSM 6 to DSM 7 you could have rescanned your library. At that point if you had no NFO files or the collection info was never written to the NFO you would not have those as collections now.

Also possible is that you don't have the library(s) options set to read NFO files.  How this works now puts you the admin fully in control as you can have collections for some libs and not for others.  So I would review the Movie library options with Advanced turned on.  Then I would check the NFO file of any movie you think should be part of a collection to see if this information is in the NFO itself.

• Solution
Omahabrownie

This problem just started yesterday, and I have not had nfo files for a long time, I quess I will need to turn it back on. When I changed to dsm 7 I followed the directions on how to do it and everything was working fine than. So I quess I need to set nfo on and let that populate than start again? 

I let it start creating the nfo files and it is repopulating the collections. There may be some touch up but it looks like it will be fine.

Thanks for Your time.

Edited by Omahabrownie