Several OTA channel /guide errors for South Texas (78539).

TexasWildhorse

TexasWildhorse

My zip code is 78539 and I selected OTA antenna channels:

4.2 shows in the guide as "TBD" but is actually "Rewind TV"
5.2 shows in the guide as "ThisTV" but is actually "Azteca America"
5.3 shows in the guide as "MeTV" but is actually "Somos"
5.4 shows in the guide as "Weather Radar" but is actually off the air
32.3 shows in the guide as "Twist" but is actually "TBD"
32.4 is "Stadium," which is correct - but the same feed maps to 35.4, which should be "MeTV"
35.4 is "MeTV" and maps correctly in the guide, but incorrectly tunes to 32.4 "Stadium"
57.1 is not in the guide - is actually "TrueReal"
57.3 is not in the guide - is actually "Newsy"
57.4 is not in the guide - is actually "Bein Sports Xtra"
60.3 is "Bounce" but programming does not appear in the guide

Please advise if these errors can be corrected. I am a brand new Premier user and was a bit disappointed to find so many problems with your guide. Thank you.

Hi, that sounds like your area is going through a reorganization which is likely to prepare for ATSC 3.0 to make room for different channels.
Many different markets have been doing this for roughly 18 months or so.

The guides will catch up once the stations resubmit the channels and new guide info.

If it was a single channel that was off, we would submit that for our guide provider to check on but with this many different channels changing it's almost surely a regional reorganization taking place like we've seen before which works itself out.

You may be able to find some of your actual channels in the guide but with a different channel number.  In that case try manually mapping those channels to the correct guide entry regardless of the channel number for now.

You might also try setting up a local cable provider which may have some of these stations as well.  You could then manually map to them as well.

Edited by cayars

TexasWildhorse

I guess I will wait and hope that someday the channel listings will be fixed by your guide provider. I don't want to change the source from OTA to cable, because several of the OTA channels are not on our local cable. So I guess my only option is to just wait. There is one thing that seems a fixable error - when I map 35.4 to the guide, the listings are correct - but the channel displays programming for 32.4 (Stadium) instead of 35.4 (MeTV). If I could have that one error fixed, I would be happ(ier). Thanks for checking back.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been about a a week and a half since you reported it.  Do you know how long it was before your initial post it started?
Trying to get a sense of timing on this to optimize the response we get back.

TexasWildhorse

I'm sorry I don't know. But the error concerning channel 35.4 does not happen with any of the other 6+ tuners that I have at my house. Thanks.