No detailed media info on certain newly added series

Weevillo
Go to solution Solved by Weevillo,

Weevillo

Hi, so I recently encountered this when I was about to play a video on my Shield TV and it wouldn't play. I then tried the same thing with Jellyfin without any success there too. I'm unsure if this is related to permission privileges or whatnot and I don't know how to go about giving Emby the correct permissions. I then checked the info of the video files from two separate shows, where one show displays the info but the other one doesn't. I found that the one which didn't work with Emby didn't display any information about the episode, and I've tried the same episode from another source but it's the same issue. I'm using Sonarr for downloading and renaming/organizing files if that's good to know.

Screenshot 2021-11-28 163503.png

Screenshot 2021-11-28 163523.png

Screenshot 2021-11-28 163614.png

Screenshot 2021-11-28 163650.png

Weevillo

You can ignore the attached windows detail screenshots, it seems like it's always like that from that particular source. The files are also in MKV. I'm able to play the files via Emby Theater but the subtitles doesn't show up for some reason.

Edited by Weevillo

• Solution
Weevillo

I managed to fix it. It was something so trivial as the file name being too damn long and that somehow made the file unreadable.