Live TV: resume playing a live tv channel breaks the channel

eeeeeesy

800+ GB of free space should work. :)

20GB size sounds like it was a conversion or a DVR recording.  My bet would be a TV recording. Do you record TV?

eeeeeesy
20 hours ago, cayars said:

800+ GB of free space should work. :)

20GB size sounds like it was a conversion or a DVR recording.  My bet would be a TV recording. Do you record TV?

no i disabled the recording prompt because i dont want to use up space. i only stream live tv. so i dont know why it would be recording.

eeeeeesy
On 12/1/2021 at 10:22 AM, Luke said:

Can you try side loading our standard Android app on the same device and let us know how that compares?

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

Thanks.

ok i have sideloaded that one but i hate that app. its missing the ability to do anything. theres barely any options in the playback settings.

missing features:

ability to enable direct play

resume rewind

quick view tv guide by pressing up on the controller

after the quick tv guide is pulled up, the back button does not exit the quick guide to resume playing the video, instead it closes the video.

compact layout for quick tv guide( the quick tv guide is too small, not enought channels are visible on onscreen)

one good thing is the app does not crash every second try

as for the freezing every now and then, it seems to only happen with certain files. maybe something went wrong when i re-encoded some of my movies and shows. all of my live tv movies are encoded in nvenc h.264 format and are coming from dizquetv set to use the nvenc encoder so that my graphics card will be doing all the work. but not all files have this issue. i will try re-encoding them again encase there were errors the first time.

Edited by eeeeeesy

2 hours ago, eeeeeesy said:

one good thing is the app does not crash every second try

Have you tried the new beta of the TV app?

eeeeeesy
23 hours ago, ebr said:

Have you tried the new beta of the TV app?

yes i responded to that here

the pausing is still occuring though and the guide takes longer to load as does the channels starting up is delayed now. 

The crashing is fixed now in the tv beta version 2.0.57g

edited:

the ui was loading very slowly and the channels were delayed but i fixed it by uninstalling server wmc plugin.

now i just have to re-encode some of my movies and shows to fix the pausing that happens only with some files.

Edited by eeeeeesy

8 hours ago, eeeeeesy said:

the pausing is still occuring though and the guide takes longer to load as does the channels starting up is delayed now.

Was this fixed by you removing the server WMC plug-in?

eeeeeesy
15 hours ago, ebr said:

Was this fixed by you removing the server WMC plug-in?

yes i edited my comment here to let everyone know here.

23 hours ago, eeeeeesy said:

yes i responded to that here

the crashing is fixed now in the tv beta version 2.0.57g

edited:

the ui was loading very slowly and the channels were delayed but i fixed it by uninstalling server wmc plugin.

now i just have to re-encode some of my movies and shows to fix the pausing that happens only with some files.

Edited by eeeeeesy