Live TV: TV guide Video preview window

eeeeeesy

eeeeeesy

Please can you add the ability to keep watching the video while you back out to the tv guide? like have the video minimize so you can keep scrolling through the tv guide like a real tv and still see the movie or show playing in a window at the top right of the screen.

• Like 1

arrbee99

On which device ? You can already do that on some, such as Shield / Fire TV, Emby Theater and in a browser.

eeeeeesy
14 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

On which device ? You can already do that on some, such as Shield / Fire TV, Emby Theater and in a browser.

on the beelink gtking android box it does not 

eeeeeesy

or do i have to enable it in settings somewhere?

51 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

arrbee99

Am definitely not an expert. Maybe its something to do with your device, or (more likely ?) the exact version of Emby that you have.

Also, the guide should be available when you're playing TV (think you press the up arrow on a Shield, not sure about your device) and when you're playing movies or TV series (there's  an icon when you look at the playing controls that looks like three horizontal lines).

eeeeeesy
1 hour ago, arrbee99 said:

Am definitely not an expert. Maybe its something to do with your device, or (more likely ?) the exact version of Emby that you have.

Also, the guide should be available when you're playing TV (think you press the up arrow on a Shield, not sure about your device) and when you're playing movies or TV series (there's  an icon when you look at the playing controls that looks like three horizontal lines).

i found what youre talking about. thanks. i had to press the down arrow and select guide, which takes too long to execute. this is not really an acceptable solution as it does not look like a real TV guide like you would get with cable. i can only see 2 channels at a time. im looking for a preview windows that would be in the top right corner and would be minimized to a quarter of the screen or smaller so i can see more channels while still viewing the current channel. and should be quick to bring up the preview window as well as to quickly resume playing the current channel in full screen.  you can get some inspiration from the beautiful feauture rich TiviMate app.

how can i tag the staff so they can look at this?

emby1.jpg

Edited by eeeeeesy

Hi.  The Android TV app (the one in the store) will produce a larger guide during playback - especially if you put it into "compact" mode.

clarkss12

You are running pure Android and Emby for Android on your King.  If you try Emby for Android TV,  you will see a much bigger guide.  Here is are screen captures of what the different guides look like..  Also, Slimbox has a modded ROM for your device that supports automatic framerate AND resolution switching, it also passes through all the HD audio codecs.  There is both the pure Android and the ATV version of Android.

https://slimboxtv.ru/glavnaya/beelink-gt-king/

The  screen capture does NOT show the running video behind the guide, but it is there. 

GT King Pro Android (1).png

GT King Pro Android (3).png

Edited by clarkss12

eeeeeesy
5 hours ago, clarkss12 said:

You are running pure Android and Emby for Android on your King.  If you try Emby for Android TV,  you will see a much bigger guide.  Here is are screen captures of what the different guides look like..  Also, Slimbox has a modded ROM for your device that supports automatic framerate AND resolution switching, it also passes through all the HD audio codecs.  There is both the pure Android and the ATV version of Android.

https://slimboxtv.ru/glavnaya/beelink-gt-king/

The  screen capture does NOT show the running video behind the guide, but it is there. 

GT King Pro Android (1).png

GT King Pro Android (3).png

where do i get emby for android tv? my box does not have android tv os and i dont want to flash a custom rom.

eeeeeesy

i found it. i guess it does work. but its to slow to execute the guide over the video. i have to press down then click the guide icon. that 2 buttons we have to press for the guide to come up. plus half of the video is covered by the guide.

eeeeeesy
23 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

I think that would be here -

thats emby for android. i was already using that in the first place. anyway i found emby for android tv i just said

Edited by eeeeeesy

clarkss12

You can always use Emby for Kodi, with different Kodi skins to give you exactly what you want, for your guide data that does not cover up the video.

2 hours ago, eeeeeesy said:

i have to press down then click the guide icon. that 2 buttons we have to press for the guide to come up

Hi.  If you just press the "up" key during playback it will show the guide.

eeeeeesy
5 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  If you just press the "up" key during playback it will show the guide.

oh i never tried pressing up on emby for android tv. yeah that works a lot better thanks. but could you still add the feature request to shrink the video preview window and put it in the top right of the screen while viewing the guide? 

3 hours ago, eeeeeesy said:

after i press up to bring up the guide, then scroll through channels, how can i resume playing the current channel?

Hi.  The channel never stops playing.  Simply back out of the guide.

eeeeeesy
9 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The channel never stops playing.  Simply back out of the guide.

it stops playing for me on beelink gtking android box with emby for android tv when i click the back button (which is the right mouse button on my remote) it just goes back to the full screen guide without video.

Edited by eeeeeesy

• 2 weeks later...
Marijuana
On 11/27/2021 at 7:55 PM, eeeeeesy said:

it stops playing for me on beelink gtking android box with emby for android tv when i click the back button (which is the right mouse button on my remote) it just goes back to the full screen guide without video.

Maybe ask for a Fire Stick for xmas.