Subtitles

CherylLynn

CherylLynn

I have Opensubtitles  and Addic7ed plugins installed in Emby Windows 4.6.7.0. They are setup with confirmed login credentials and I have turned off hash match. No matter the movie I cannot find any subtitles. I have spent the evening on this. Before the media box blew up I had subtitles working perfectly with no headaches setting it up.

What could I have possibly missed?

thanks

18 hours ago, CherylLynn said:

I have Opensubtitles  and Addic7ed plugins installed in Emby Windows 4.6.7.0. They are setup with confirmed login credentials and I have turned off hash match. No matter the movie I cannot find any subtitles. I have spent the evening on this. Before the media box blew up I had subtitles working perfectly with no headaches setting it up.

What could I have possibly missed?

thanks

Hi there @CherylLynn can you please go over a specific example? Thanks.

Omahabrownie

Hi I am having the same issue. I have opensubtitles setup and logged in, I have checked my meta date on the movies and they are correct. When I go to search for a subtitle it tells me no results found. I have even put good srt files in the same folder as each movie and when you search it still does not see them. Is there something else I should be doing? If I soft embed it it works but I do not want to take the time to do that on all of the movies.

Thanks for Your  Help

On 11/28/2021 at 1:38 PM, Omahabrownie said:

Hi I am having the same issue. I have opensubtitles setup and logged in, I have checked my meta date on the movies and they are correct. When I go to search for a subtitle it tells me no results found. I have even put good srt files in the same folder as each movie and when you search it still does not see them. Is there something else I should be doing? If I soft embed it it works but I do not want to take the time to do that on all of the movies.

Thanks for Your  Help

Hi there @Omahabrownie can you please go over an example? thanks.

Omahabrownie

Hi Luke, I think I solved why it will not work for me. Back when I started my movie collection I put 50 in a folder and numbered each movie, like 003 - Star Wars.mp4. I think the number in front must stop it from seeing the right movie and I have to many to change. I will just soft encode those that I want with subtitles.

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Omahabrownie said:

Hi Luke, I think I solved why it will not work for me. Back when I started my movie collection I put 50 in a folder and numbered each movie, like 003 - Star Wars.mp4. I think the number in front must stop it from seeing the right movie and I have to many to change. I will just soft encode those that I want with subtitles.

Thanks

As long as the server is aware that it's the star wars movie, then it should still be able to download subtitles for it.

Omahabrownie

I will check again, just yesterday I found that collections change to us nfo files which I did not have then, but I see all the right info in them so it may work. I will try and let you know.

Thanks

Omahabrownie

Hi I reinstalled open subtitles and logged on with user name and password, I made sure it was setup under moves settings and I tried 6 different moves making sure they all had the right name and id's in htere meta data and it still finds none and ask me if I set up subtitles in the settings.

Thanks

20 hours ago, Omahabrownie said:

Hi I reinstalled open subtitles and logged on with user name and password, I made sure it was setup under moves settings and I tried 6 different moves making sure they all had the right name and id's in htere meta data and it still finds none and ask me if I set up subtitles in the settings.

Thanks

Please attach the emby server log from when you tried to do that:

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Omahabrownie said:

Here is a copy of my emby server log for yesterday.

embyserver-63774021691.txt 1 MB · 0 downloads

Open Subtitles is returning an error response saying they are temporarily unavailable:

2021-12-01 21:52:33.014 Info HttpClient: POST https://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc
2021-12-01 21:52:33.296 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Open Subtitles
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build13) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #42218 SMP Mon Oct 18 19:16:55 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: ServiceUnavailable

What country are you in? Many countries are blocking open subtitles now so that could also be it.

Omahabrownie

I am in the United States. I have installed the other subtitle apps so there is three available, still does not come up with any.

Edited by Omahabrownie

11 minutes ago, Omahabrownie said:

I am in the United States. I have installed the other subtitle apps so there is three available, still does not come up with any.

Did you check the websites for each one to see that they actually have?

And regarding open subtitles, I'm not sure why they're sending that response back to you. Are you using a VPN? If so then try turning it off.

On 12/3/2021 at 12:20 PM, Omahabrownie said:

I am not using a vpn and I did not check everyone but I check 3 to make sure they did have them.

What three specifically?

Omahabrownie

First I had just Open subtitles install and logged on, after that did not work I added subdb and addic7ed.com and I still don't find any subtitles.

Edited by Omahabrownie

What video? Can you please go over a specific example that was covered by the provided server log? Thanks.

Omahabrownie

I am sending a new log with only open subtitles set and logged on I tried The last Duel and the Adjustment Bureau and  do not find anything on emby, I went on opensubtitles and was able to look up both movies and find their subtitles.

embyserver.txt

GrimReaper

There's no Opensubtitles errors thrown in that log, everything appears normal, might have something to do with your actual library subtitles section settings being too restrictive, care to share a screenshot of that?

Additionally, you have number of inotify errors:

2021-12-07 13:19:38.447 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /volume1/Media/HomeVideos
2021-12-07 13:19:38.448 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/data/collections
2021-12-07 13:19:38.450 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /volume1/Media/Movies
2021-12-07 13:19:38.451 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /volume1/Media/Music
2021-12-07 13:19:38.452 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /volume1/Media/Photo
2021-12-07 13:19:38.465 Error LibraryMonitor: Error in Directory watcher for: /volume1/Media/TV
System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.

You can increase that number.

Edited by GrimReaper

• 3 weeks later...
johnsonb
On 12/27/2021 at 11:10 PM, Luke said:

@Omahabrownie please see the section at the bottom here about external ids:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001848856-manual-subtitle-downloads

And let us know if that helps. Thanks.

Hi Luke. Trying the manual method still comes up empty.  The plugins for Opensubtitles and Addic7ed are configured correctly, it just never finds anything.

thanks, Bj 

lethtel

Hi,

Just to add some more if it can help (and seems to be the same behaviour somewhere) :

Besides "traditionnal" problem of subtitles not showing up by manual search (Magnum PI (2018) 04x01, looking for french subs, TVdb and IMdb IDs filled) it seems i have a bonus :

i would say there is a problem with addic7ed requests (at least on my side).

If i manually search for an item : I find it.
If i trigger a automatic download from scheduled task i have a returm for only one file telling me "object reference not set to an instance objet" => Ok, no prob. the srt file doesn't exist on addic7ed but then that's it, never another show showing up in alerts or what.

Looking in logs i found log extract.txt
Seems it does multiple request in a short time and goes time out (site isn't very fluid, but shows up in less then 20sec ; maybe increasing a bit could help as we are just waiting for an answer ?), the plugin doesn't search anymore for a while as it timed out ; ok, why not.

The problem i get it is :once timed out i'm some kind of IP Ban from addic7ed : manual search doesn't work anymore ; site is no more accessible from my server, but still ok in a virtual machine running on it besides a VPN, no prob' neither at home or if i put emby's server behind a VPN.
Maybe 20 or 30minutes later, site is available again.

I have the same "kind of IP Ban" if looking for multiples files in row manually

It wasn't working with last stable, so i tried beta, same behaviour.

PS : Settings , to be sure i unchecked those little things ;) 
483847237_Embysettings.png.87b635389c79da201d24dfd063e1c5a3.png

Waiting for instructions on expected files/informations needed :)

Ty for investigations

L.

Edited by lethtel