Web Client Email Notice

Luke

You guys might be missing the point in that he might not necessarily be looking for the answer but was really just trying to suggest that it should have been walked through as part of the posting. And that's good feedback.

At least, this is what I am assuming based on his label of advanced member :)

• Like 1

Spaceboy

You need to make your mbs install accessible from outside your local network. Forward ports on your router to they where mbs is installed. Then it depends if you have a dynamic ip, if so you'll need to register for a dyndns account with someone, there are free options available. If you had a static ip you can you point your browser at yourip/port number and it will work, if you have a dynamic you'll use the address given to you

I received an email today extolling the virtues of using the web client on your smartphone or tablet to control the web client on your computer.

Nice info, except it left out HOW to get to it, and how to set it up as a remote control.

I assume you point your phone browser to an IP address? Then is there a tab for remote control?

This may be obvious to some users, but I assume that email was targeted at users NOT very familiar with the web client!

• Like 1

I assume you point your phone browser to an IP address? Then is there a tab for remote control?

Point your browser at the address of the PC running MBS along with the port and mediabrowser.

For example, http://192.168.1.140:8096/mediabrowser

You can then navigate your libraries and press PLAY when you want to.