Search Limitations? 12 Movies...Really???

Rodiefs

After we watching a movie, we frequently base our "next watch" upon what actors are in that movie and then doing a search by clicking on the actor icon. I did several searches and realized, after ordering several movies, that I already had them after finding DUPICATES pop up in the suggested movies afterwards. We also use the EMBY search feature for actors and we found that actors that I had many movies for (there's tons of them), but only had 12 according to EMBY in my libraries. Is 12 an (artificial) limitation? Imagine having friends over and doing a search on "Christmas" movie titles and coming back with only 12 movies! Does this make sense? No this is insane..

Is there a hidden option for changing the number of movies that I'm not aware of? Do I have to go and create separate libraries for my many favorite actors and Movie types for them all to display completely?

@LukePlease help or enlighten me!!!

Thanks! (Feel like - Desperately Seeking Susan (1985)! Don't blame me. I like the odies!!)

Running the most current release of EMBY. Windows client. Windows 10 64-bit, lots of processing power memory and huge storage etc..

GrimReaper

In Theater(s) and web browser, clicking on a header 'Movies' will present you with all available. As will "See All" in browser and Theater Store, IIRC. 

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Almost every area has a programed limit.  But those same areas usually have a header that is clickable to show all but may be client specific.  But this has been asked dozens of times.

So in the web client if I search and enter the details page for "Tom Cruise" I have a header "Movies" that shows 12 items but if I click "Movies" header it see all movies for "Tom Cruise".

Happy2Play
4 hours ago, crusher11 said:

Sounds like a UI issue then.

No it is by design as loading to many items creates longer load times.  This has been improved with virtual loading but has not been applied in all areas.

crusher11
11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

No it is by design as loading to many items creates longer load times.  This has been improved with virtual loading but has not been applied in all areas.

I meant, the UI isn't making it obvious enough that it can be expanded.

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 2:36 PM, crusher11 said:

I agree with crusher11. This should have been made more obvious in the UI...

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, Rodiefs said:
On 11/25/2021 at 11:36 AM, crusher11 said:

I agree with crusher11. This should have been made more obvious in the UI...

I guess it may be client specific but that is why the annoying "See all" option was added also.

image.thumb.png.f5fb389d48a19049d9174df641e6e551.png

But how would you make it more obvious?

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Haha 1

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

I guess it may be client specific but that is why the annoying "See all" option was added also.

image.thumb.png.f5fb389d48a19049d9174df641e6e551.png

More obvious solution that would work accross all clients would be for the last placeholder in a row to be a blank image with "See all" text - a link instead of a movie poster, if there's more available. 

Happy2Play
17 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

More obvious solution that would work accross all clients would be for the last placeholder in a row to be a blank image with "See all" text - a link instead of a movie poster, if there's more available. 

Personally never been a fan of layouts like that but what ever works.

GrimReaper

Me neither, but as current schema apparently ain't obvious enough - and as you've said yourself, this ain't the first time it's been popping-up, quite the contrary - can't think of another way to make it more apparent save introducing more of annoying helper text/links. This way at least wouldn't be "in your face" constantly, only occasionally sighted. 

• Agree 1