Updating Emby from CLI

Meyaez

Hello,

I saw that there is a new version (4.6.7.0) but the documentation on how to install it is confusing. I found this page for FreeBSD but that will install a beta version. If I go to https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases (which also took a while to find from the internet) I see the version emby-server-freebsd12_4.6.7.0_amd64.pklisted for FreeBSD 12 which is what I'm running. My question is, how does the update process work? Inside the Emby jail, do I simply type

pkg add -f https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Releases/releases/download/4.6.7.0/emby-server-freebsd12_4.6.7.0_amd64.pkg
sysrc emby_server_enable="YES"
service emby-server start

and that's it? My installation is not the plug-in.

Thanks!

karmantyu

Will not work.

If You want functioning Emby Server use simple

pkg install -f emby-server

This will update to latest Emby Server from Freebsd repository catalog.

but the documentation on how to install it is confusing.

How did you originally install Emby Server? There are mulitple options on FreeBSD, so however you originally installed, just do that again with the new version over the top. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

12 hours ago, Luke said:

How did you originally install Emby Server? There are mulitple options on FreeBSD, so however you originally installed, just do that again with the new version over the top. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Does that mean that using a command other that the one I used when I installed Emby will break the server? I think I used the command in my OP but I'm not sure, that's why I was asking.

11 hours ago, Meyaez said:

Does that mean that using a command other that the one I used when I installed Emby will break the server? I think I used the command in my OP but I'm not sure, that's why I was asking.

I think he's right about not mixing them. Rule of thumb, choose one, and then stick to it for updates. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

1 hour ago, karmantyu said:

pkg info emby-server

Ahh I see. I guess I was correct about using the pkg command to update. Thanks!