Can't start video in VLC

Kincaid

Since now i was using media browser in opera browser but now I have some videos with internal subtitles and I can't get them working. I installed and configured LAV-filters and xy-vsfilters but it didn't work. I thought I try media browser theater but the video is stuttering extremely, you can't watch anything like this. VLC is working fine and also has no problem with the internal subtitles so I thought I could add VLC as an external player for mkv files but when I start a video VLC starts and gives me an error that it can't find the video in this location. That's because MB server is running on another machine and MBT gives VLC the path that would work on the server, but obviously on the machine that runs MBT there is no video file in this location. Did I miss anything or does VLC as external player work only if you either run it on the same machine as the server or create network drives that match the paths on the server?

the machine running vlc needs to be able to access the movie files, as vlc will be direct playing them.

Either:

1. look at setting up path substitution on the server: Library --> Path Substitution

2. Move your media to a network drive and use the same network drive mappings on the server and your vlc machine.

Sure, it has access the files, just not at the same path.

I will have a look at the path substitutions, looks like exactly what i need. Thanks.