Live TV Image Thumbnails

econ

How does MB choose to thumbnail images for Live TV recordings?  Do they come from Windows Media Center?  I am using ServerWMC.  See the attached image where I have some recordings with thumbnails and some that do not.  I didn't see anywhere within the metadata manager where I could manually upload one like I can for movies and TV.

5411af532e1f5_9112014101552AM.jpg

krustyreturns

As far as serverwmc goes, it sends the images it finds for the programs inside of the wmc EPG data - and it doesn't always have a generic image for every program.  If you want to know for sure you can view the program in wmc and see if it shows a generic thumbnail for it (but not a frame capture).  I don't know whether MBS does additional work for live tv program images that are missing.

Serverwmc also gives you a way to hand place the images that I can describe if you are interested.

krustyreturns

@@econ,

To hand install program thumbnails look in your recorded tv folder for the folder TempSWMC, with this folder create this folder path (if its not there already there):

...\TempSWMC\imageCache\userProgramImages

in 'userProgramImages' place jpg images with file names that match the program title, for instance: "NFL Football.jpg"

@@Spaceboy

Does the wmc guide contain thumbnails? 

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Nope, that's the bit I couldn't fix. I don't use wmc native epg but I've had it working previously. Not sure what I did. Still using recordedtvhd in wmc which pulls metadata and images from thetvdb. I'll wait til it's a bit more integrated into mbs

krustyreturns

Well you won't lose the recordings but you'll use the 'timers'.  But yeah, its a hassle, and it may not work so I can't say whether it would be worth it.

krustyreturns

For completeness sake, you can also hand install channel thumbnails in this folder:

...\TempSWMC\imageCache\userChannelImages

in this case the jpg files need to have the same name as the call sign of the channel, ex: "KSBW.jpg"

Lee, that would work for the thumbnails but then I would lose the metadata text associated with each recording.  Name, channel, program description.

I am going to give krusty's suggestion a try this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy

[emoji2] so this is fixed for me, I redid wmc, it wasn't that, turned out to be dvblink unsurprisingly. Uninstalled and re installed the latest version of that and I'm getting the images in WMC. Not seeing anything being pulled through to serverwmc yet but I don't think the wmc cache is complete yet. Now just to set up my series recordings