CPU 100% play some movies

teicang

teicang

Hi all,

I experimented the following problem, some movies block the NAS during playback (CPU goes to 100% ) and movies is not playable.

The same movies start directly with smart TV works fine so the movies its' self is ok.

example movies playable Ok

Video

Title4K HEVC
CodecHEVC
ProfiloMain 10
Livello153
Risoluzione3840x2160
Proporzioni16:9
AnamorficoNo
InterlacciatoNo
Framerate23,976
Bitrate14.641 kbps
Gamma videoHDR
Colori Primaribt2020
Color Spacebt2020nc
Trasferimento di coloresmpte2084
Bit Depth10 bit
Formato Pixelyuv420p10le
Frames di riferimento1

2 Movies NOT Playable using EMBY , but working well using direct tv nas connection
Title4K HEVC
CodecHEVC
ProfiloMain 10
Livello153
Risoluzione3840x1608
Proporzioni160:67
AnamorficoNo
InterlacciatoNo
Framerate23,976
Bitrate14.446 kbps
Gamma videoHDR
Colori Primaribt2020
Color Spacebt2020nc
Bit Depth10 bit
Formato Pixelyuv420p10le
Frames di riferimento1

Video

Title4K HEVC
CodecHEVC
ProfiloMain 10
Livello153
Risoluzione2880x2160
Proporzioni4:3
AnamorficoNo
InterlacciatoNo
Framerate23,976
Bitrate22.491 kbps
Gamma videoHDR
Colori Primaribt2020
Color Spacebt2020nc
Bit Depth10 bit
Formato Pixelyuv420p10le
Frames di riferimento1

Have you any ideas? Can I send you some more info to analyze which is the incompatibilities from EMBY\NAs and some type of movies?

many thx
\Gianni

GrimReaper

My guess would be something is triggering transcoding there which is simply too taxing for your NAS, could you provide ffmpeg logs for those unsuccessful playbacks? 

teicang

Hi, many thx for your quick answer, this evening I will make the test again and download the ffmpeg logs.

PS in case if confirmed that the problem is caused of transcoding activation, is there any way to force emby to go on direct playback as I suppose happen if I play the movie towards Smart TV?

thx

\Gianni

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, teicang said:

Hi, many thx for your quick answer, this evening I will make the test again and download the ffmpeg logs.

PS in case if confirmed that the problem is caused of transcoding activation, is there any way to force emby to go on direct playback as I suppose happen if I play the movie towards Smart TV?

thx

\Gianni

Emby will direct play if capable.  Without knowing why it is transcoding we can only guess.  Best guess would be unsupported audio forcing full media conversion as HEVC does not play well with our HLS delivery protocol.

• Like 1

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, teicang said:

Without looking at the logs and determining the reason for transcoding, hard to guess. But you can't 'force' DirectPlay, you can only provide media in a format that will not require transcode. 

Edit: Cross-posted, I guess. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Edit: Cross-posted

teicang

hi friends, just to be sure, Have I need to activate the log or the log are already active, checking inside the emby options I saw the error log is passive but the log are produced however looking the data near the logs.

thx

\Gianni

image.png.d908d39460e24a49e2651628ccc52e98.png

GrimReaper

No need to turn Debug logging on, just play something and if transcoding occurs, ffmpeg-transcode log will be created for that session. 

teicang

ffmpeg-transcode-d914cbe4-7e7c-42cb-90b2-15912908e9af_1.txtffmpeg-transcode-d914cbe4-7e7c-42cb-90b2-15912908e9af_1.txt2 examp NOTOK ffmpeg-transcode-b134702d-4ec5-406d-b708-f351f9a66ce6_1.txt

Hi in attach 2 exmple of two movies didn't work.

let me know if readable or if I have to copy and past directly here the content 🙂

I hope you can help me , this two movie are playable normal using the smart tv player, but due a samsung limitation only the default languagge is showed so I cannot swap le audio.

I have other 4K movies payable from emby without problem but logically I cannot attach the log (if I undestood well only when emby trascodind the logs are created 🙂 )

thx

\Gianni

Happy2Play

Correct the client does not support these graphical subtitles (pgssub, dvdsub) and is force to burn them in, causing a full transcode of the media.  Getting srt subs would/should resolve the issue.

teicang

thx , is there any possibilities du to the fact i don't use subtitle to set someting in emby to skip it and not transcode ? 😞

the most of file I had has this problem so I suppose this type of format is quite common, so we cannot choose to skip the transcode ?

The NAS is not be able to make this job and blocked😞

thx

\Gianni

Happy2Play
30 minutes ago, teicang said:

thx , is there any possibilities du to the fact i don't use subtitle to set someting in emby to skip it and not transcode ? 😞

the most of file I had has this problem so I suppose this type of format is quite common, so we cannot choose to skip the transcode ?

The NAS is not be able to make this job and blocked😞

thx

\Gianni

If you don't use subtitles you can disable them via user icon-Subtitles screen, set mode to no subtitles.  But not positive if this is a global or per client option though.

Edited by Happy2Play