Subtitle Age setting

GrimReaper
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

GrimReaper

Could we get an option for Subtitle Age field under respective section in any library settings? 

That would define how far back items added would be searched for subtitles. 

With the ever-growing library, current schema where all items with missing subtitles are constantly queried over-and-over-again, Download subtitles task is starting to take forever. If a movie added 1, 3, 5 or 10 years ago has no subtitles, it is highly unlikely that they would suddenly pop-up. Yet, subtitles are still searched for on every task run. Realistically, we usually need subs just for content added in a last week or two, hence making 99% of current search moot and waste of time and resources. 

Age field would enable each user to set that timeframe as seen fit, with default blank being equal to 'include all items'. 

Thanks

• Like 3

Spaceboy

if you are an 'arr user you should look into bazarr. its much more fully featured than emby with regards to getting subtitles. many more providers, the ability to separately search for forced subs and this.

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper

Thanks, @Spaceboy, me and Bazarr never got along quite well, or at least at the level I was satisfied with. Great app, though, as all the other *arr apps are. 

Spaceboy

let me know if i can help, i have 2 instances running, one for 4k and one for HD 'arr's. i had a little trouble getting it working too initially but its great now. plus the dev is very responsive on discord

• Like 1

CBers
22 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Thanks, @Spaceboy, me and Bazarr never got along quite well, or at least at the level I was satisfied with. Great app, though, as all the other *arr apps are. 

Me neither. 

Never saw it actually do anything, even though I followed the set up instructions. 

• 4 weeks later...
GrimReaper
  • Add universal ATSC closed captions support to all Emby apps
  • Add library option to control importing of playlist files
  • Add log file rotation option
  • Reduce sizes of server log files when debug logging is not enabled
  • Add subtitle download max age option
  • Add subtitle download option for forced subtitles only
  • Support comment tag as description for audio files
  • Preserve subtitle track language with conversion and download features
  • Support a-z picker in descending order
  • Support a-z picker when sorting by album artist or album
  • Clear episode external ids when changing series display order in metadata editor
  • Fix user management screen limited to 50
  • Fix graphic subtitle scaling regression

• Thanks 1