API: Calling /LiveTv/Tuners/{Id}/Reset

alsak0de

alsak0de

Hi everyone. My first post in this forum.

I hope someone with some experience on emby API can help me figuring out how to call this endpoint.

(https://app.swaggerhub.com/apis/vdts/jellyfin-server_api/1.0.0#/default/ResetTuner)

The background is.. I use a 'virtual M3U tuner' on Jellyfin server that connects to a remote m3u file. This gets only updated if I do so on the admin panel at the EPG Data Refresh.

By resetting the tuner, I suppose this would basically reload the remote m3u file but I don't know how to use it.

I know it is  a POST request, I've tried the payload using {'operationId':'RefreshItem','Id':'38d682202ec8345f5b7381f656f921e9c '} but I cant quite understand what does the Id refer to.

That number there is what I can read on the browser address ..../livetvtuner.html?id=8d682202ec8345f5b7381f656f921e9c when getting into the tuner settings page.

Any clue?  Thanks in advance,

Hi,

You would probably be better off asking devs familiar with JellyFin the answer to this.  I took a quick look at the API then compared it to what I see in Emby and they are different. Emby's for example allows you to specify the specific tuner and has many result or return codes.

What I might suggest for your use is open your dev tools while in the Live TV page and look to see what's called when you click the guide refresh if that's your objective. :)

Happy Streaming

alsak0de

Thanks for the quick response. I found the JF API to be Emby's (mostly, at least). In fact, the API path for this is /emby/LiveTv/Tuners/{Id}/Reset

On the dev tools side, I don't quite know how to. I tried; found the button reference, but not sure how to make the magic happen.

This is what 'I got' <myserver>:8096/web/dashboard-dashboard.8c69bc67559ffe15c02d.bundle.js:1:24733

but this does nothing on the browser.

Hi.  If you want to use Emby then I'm sure we can help you but we don't have any knowledge of the JF API at this point.  It was based on our code a few years ago but we don't know what has changed.

Thanks.

If you don't want to pony up the few bucks for Emby, that's OK go with JF then but coming over to Emby forum to ask for support is at least impolite... *facepalm*

• Agree 1

alsak0de

ups... that's an unfortunate misunderstanding on my end. My apologies.

I didn't know emby was a 'paid version'. I've been paying Plex from their beginning just to support the development. I'm one in few who actually pays and donates when I enjoy the SW.

I did even tease other users at Plex Forum to pay and contribute, specially at the beginning.

I was suggested to move from Plex to Jellyfin if I wanted to get the 'IPTV Channels' back. I didn't know Jellyfin was free and Emby was a paid flavor.

I'll take some time to read. Like I said, I don't mind paying for Emby if it adds up.

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, alsak0de said:

I was suggested to move from Plex to Jellyfin if I wanted to get the 'IPTV Channels' back. I didn't know Jellyfin was free and Emby was a paid flavor.

JF is completely different product solution, forked from Emby v3 code from open source days. It is not, by any means, related to Emby as a product as it is nowdays.

Plain and simple: it is an alternate solution (intentionally did not put 'competitive') for both Emby and Team Orange.

Edit: For LiveTV access (and other related features, per platform/client), do check Premiere Feature Matrix:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001173099-emby-premiere-feature-matrix

Edited by GrimReaper
Premiere Matrix link