Versions not appearing reliably on Movies

Lonald

I use Apple TV for playback and have both the A1842 and the A2169 models.  Both are on the current OS and are running Emby 1.5.5 and I am using Windows server 4.6.6 on a PC with Windows 11.

I have movies with both 1080p and 4k versions and use the following structure on my NAS:

The Matrix (1999) [tmdbid=603]

The Matrix (1999) [tmdbid=603] [4k].mkv

The Matrix (1999) [tmdbid=603] [Blu-Ray].mkv

When I call up the movie, the app only shows the 4k version as an option.

For the Lord of the Rings The Fellow ship of the Rings, where each of the versions has two parts, only an unlabeled 1080p version is identified.

These movies display and play properly on PCs.

Thanks!

Upgraded the Apple TV Emby App to 1.5.7 (1) and the lack of versions persists.  The PC version and the Android versions both show and access the versions properly.

Thanks!

Funkshoi

I'm having the same issue with an apple tv A1625 [emby for tvOS 1.5.7]

On the movie summary screen (where you can choose resume, play, trailers, etc) you cannot select between multiple versions like 1080 or 4K. The dropdown menu that exists on the browser version is not present on tvOS. 
Additionally, on this non-4K apple tv emby defaults to playing and transcoding the 4K version instead of the 1080p version which exists. It would make more sense for it to just play the 1080 one. A 1080p device should not default to a 4K version of any video if a 1080p version exists.

Thanks

vdatanet

Use the button Select audio and subtitles on the detail screen. There you can select the version.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vdatanet said:

Use the button Select audio and subtitles on the detail screen. There you can select the version.

Yes we need to get it directly onto the detail screen like our other apps, but until that time, it's still accessible under that button.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1