Emby asking for login on local network

trusselo
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

trusselo

Im currently running Emby Server on Unraid docker.

Yesterday I did an update, now emby server is asking for Log-in on the local network.
It never used to.

On the local network, when I open Emby on my Android TV,  it used to show a list of users to select.
Now when I open Emby, it asks for local login/emby connect login/send logs.

If I manually login, there is no easy way to switch users, except Logout, Login manually...

Hi..since yesterday i have a problem with login as admin. I had never to login with password on the local network, since yesterday i can't login (forgot my password) tried to reset that, but does not work with an empty password field after the reset via pin. Also the generating of this txt file does not work every time, can't find any solution. Login with other users works, but they have no admin rights...any idea or tipps? is it's possible to downgrade the version? I'm running Emby on unrraid..

• Like 1

trusselo
4 hours ago, Michiba said:

Hi..since yesterday i have a problem with login as admin. I had never to login with password on the local network, since yesterday i can't login (forgot my password) tried to reset that, but does not work with an empty password field after the reset via pin. Also the generating of this txt file does not work every time, can't find any solution. Login with other users works, but they have no admin rights...any idea or tipps? is it's possible to downgrade the version? I'm running Emby on unrraid..

Im having similar issue.  nobody replied to my message about it... but 3 replies on where to find the docker info... 
for a workaround you can downgrade the docker image by changing the tag on the repository directory
Unraid > Docker > emby > Edit
change Repository from emby/embyserver:latest  to emby/embyserver:4.6.4.0

the portion after : is called the tag.   
Latest will always update to latest.

looking at the docker repository at dockerhub, you can find previous version tags.
pick one from a time  period you know works.

the 4.6.x.x are stable releases.
the 4.7.x.x are beta releases at the moment.

4.6.4.0 - has resolved my issue.

4.6.5.0 and 4.6.6.0  did not.
none of the 4.7.x.x worked for me.

in a few days try changing back to :latest  and see if the problem has been fixed.

now my androidTV pops up with user list, instead of manual login/connect login screen.

image.png.98b7ba18108655fee98edbb80122d289.png

Edited by trusselo
  • Like 1

trusselo

until yesterday the 2 admin accounts had NO local password.
now they do... out of troubleshooting...
and yes, i changed the dropdown menu to the option for "no password required when on local network"

tried playing with all those settings yesterday.
downgraded today and fixed issue. 4.6.4.0 good, 4.6.5.0 and up bad.

• Like 1

@trusselo thank you so much!! With your how to i could downgrade my docker very easy, and it works with 4.6.4.0. Very nice, fast and perfectly documented member-support!

I guess this is not just a docker problem, maybe other Users/plattforms will have the same issue..hope this will be fixed soon.

GrimReaper
19 hours ago, trusselo said:

On the local network, when I open Emby on my Android TV,  it used to show a list of users to select.
Now when I open Emby, it asks for local login/emby connect login/send logs.

Coming up from another topic, where same issue was observed on Win-server/ATV app. 

Do you have one or multiple subnets configured in Network settings to be considered "local"? If so, did that setting persist upon server upgrade or it got blanked? 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, trusselo said:

until yesterday the 2 admin accounts had NO local password.
now they do... out of troubleshooting...
and yes, i changed the dropdown menu to the option for "no password required when on local network"

tried playing with all those settings yesterday.
downgraded today and fixed issue. 4.6.4.0 good, 4.6.5.0 and up bad.

Most likely your server network settings are interfering with the local network detection.

The bug is actually in the older version making it less accurate then it should be, and you've just gotten accustomed to that.

• Like 1

trusselo
4 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Coming up from another topic, where same issue was observed on Win-server/ATV app. 

Do you have one or multiple subnets configured in Network settings to be considered "local"? If so, did that setting persist upon server upgrade or it got blanked? 

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Most likely your server network settings are interfering with the local network detection.

The bug is actually in the older version making it less accurate then it should be, and you've just gotten accustomed to that.

ugh...  yes and no...  for me my personal home network... its default config of the router 192.168.1.xx  NOTHING fancy... but
unraid creates subnets and port mappings for its systems and dockers, ect. 
I dont understand what it does, it configures itself and has worked for YEARS until emby updated.

everything was accessable from inside and outside home network. emby "worked' but was asking for login on local network.

all emby network settings are correct and have not changed in years.

i have NO IDEA how to troubleshoot this... i dont understand networking.

and i have a feeling that a lack understanding of UNRAID will be a factor for getting help

image.png.c98ebc966cbb5eb8a672da433cc65ef2.pngimage.png.a009241dc4f0df2d6a2755ae3c0e911b.png

same as it ever was....

Edited by trusselo
  • Like 1

I feel the same like trusselo. Don't know much about networking and did not change anything exept the the auto update. Don^t have any subnets, config looks the same like trusselos..

@trusselo just changed the network type in the docker settings from bridge to host...it' works now with the latest Version...and its on the same 192.x.x.x. net

but don't know what i've really done with this setting 😉

trusselo
8 hours ago, Luke said:

What Emby Server network settings have you customized?

as far as i remember... nothing custom besides external address.
here is a screenshot of Emby > Network Settings

image.png.c0e1f884e1f7916d8e92bad9c3a849ce.pngimage.png.948f1fefcb5a5c57740bc97ec8dbd238.png

EnterNoEscape

Just wanted to share I got some inspiration from this post as I was having the same issue. I had the local IP address field set like @trusselo. After I removed the IP address from that field, I was able to use the latest version of Emby again. I found it weird that it stores this value in the system.xml file under <LocalNetworkAddresses> when we also have <LocalNetworkSubnets> which is according to the web interface a way to manually set what's considered internal. It makes me think this value is not being used the way it's being explained in the web interface. On another note, setting LAN networks to match my internal network causes my server to treat everything as external which was certainly unexpected.

Edited by EnterNoEscape

trusselo
19 hours ago, EnterNoEscape said:

Just wanted to share I got some inspiration from this post as I was having the same issue. I had the local IP address field set like @trusselo. After I removed the IP address from that field, I was able to use the latest version of Emby again. I found it weird that it stores this value in the system.xml file under <LocalNetworkAddresses> when we also have <LocalNetworkSubnets> which is according to the web interface a way to manually set what's considered internal. It makes me think this value is not being used the way it's being explained in the web interface. On another note, setting LAN networks to match my internal network causes my server to treat everything as external which was certainly unexpected.

Tried updating to latest, removed entry from Emby Netowork settings for "local network IP"
And my androidTV still is asking for manual login

removed passwords for the local accounts... rolling back to 4.6.4.0

no resolution yet...

Edited by trusselo

• Solution
Happy2Play
28 minutes ago, trusselo said:

Tried updating to latest, removed entry from Emby Netowork settings for "local network IP"
And my androidTV still is asking for manual login

removed passwords for the local accounts... rolling back to 4.6.4.0

no resolution yet...

What are you calling latest?

Looks like a fix has been added to 4.6.7.0 but has not been compiled for all platforms yet.

• Fix regression with local network multiple subnet detection
  • Like 1

trusselo
On 21/11/2021 at 18:20, Happy2Play said:

What are you calling latest?

Looks like a fix has been added to 4.6.7.0 but has not been compiled for all platforms yet.

• Fix regression with local network multiple subnet detection

4.6.7 works great...
4.6.5 was the one i was calling latest last week....

I am on the beta 4.7.0.18 using Docker in bridged mode on a linux box. Passwordless login for local networks is not working for me. Neither is PIN for local networks. I have to enable "Remember this password" on the tv app to automatically login on my local network.

Hi, if using a bridged network you may need to enter both networks so Emby knows it's a local address.
Any change you could do a quick test with the TV login, then upload your emby server log file for us to look at?