EPG from other source

ErikaJ
Go to solution Solved by Marijuana,

Good Day,

It's been a long time since me being on this forum which is good except i ran into this issue with the EPG from a source which is not one of the 3 listed in Emby. The playlist (m3u) populates just fine but I don't know where to add the EPG information. It looks like this: http://XXXXXX.XXX:8080/xmltv.php?username=XXXXXX&password=XXXXX. Does anyone have an idea where this would be added into one of the 3 selections? I have been using the app for over 3 years now with no issues but my original IPTV source is getting ready to quit the service so I have been working with this new source which appears to have what I want. Only issue is under which option do i add in the EPG url?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, let's take this offline for now.

Send me a PM with your actual link and I'll see if I can find the guide for you or recommend how to get one.

Carlo

• 3 weeks later...
Marijuana
On 11/19/2021 at 3:07 AM, cayars said:

Hi, let's take this offline for now.

Send me a PM with your actual link and I'll see if I can find the guide for you or recommend how to get one.

Carlo

Not everyone is comfortable sending you their m3u link 🙂

I'm sure that true but I don't need working channels. A simple search/replace of username and password is fine.

But I may be able to recommend something just by looking at the URL as many resellers use the same underlying services.

Good Day...

@gillmacca01...My initial post described that the EPG's in Emby did not connect with this playlist.

@cayars...This is the playlist I mentioned to you in another post and I did send the URL's to you back on 11/18 offline.

Cheers!!

@cayars

I wouldn't still have them but would have cleaned up my PMs.  Could you resent it?

There is only one place to get a guide list that will be anything close to being right for your channels and that's the provider you get the channels from.

If the stations are US based and you can't get a guide from the provider I would switch providers on the spot to one that can.
Otherwise you have some work cut out for you.  Emby does supply guide data but it's designed for regional areas.  You input a zipcode and then select a local cable company or OTA broadcast.  There is also the two common Sat companies to choose from as well which will normally cover most of the big/popular channels.

It's highly doubtful the guide will auto magically match up as the m3u file you get will not have the correct station codes in it. If it did then you would get matched channels.
So what you need to do is manually match each channel you are keeping with the guide for each channel.

• 1 year later...
On 18/11/2021 at 21:08, ErikaJ said:

Good Day,

It's been a long time since me being on this forum which is good except i ran into this issue with the EPG from a source which is not one of the 3 listed in Emby. The playlist (m3u) populates just fine but I don't know where to add the EPG information. It looks like this: http://XXXXXX.XXX:8080/xmltv.php?username=XXXXXX&password=XXXXX. Does anyone have an idea where this would be added into one of the 3 selections? I have been using the app for over 3 years now with no issues but my original IPTV source is getting ready to quit the service so I have been working with this new source which appears to have what I want. Only issue is under which option do i add in the EPG url?

Thanks in advance.

Years on, but wonder if you ever found out where to add an external EPG m3u? I've got all my channels with the 'access link' and they work, but when I watch them through the website on my lgtv there's of course a guide and schedule. I'd prefer to watch them through emby on the apple tv, but without a working guide it's impossible to know what's on of course without flipping through one by one. Seems there are tons of other iptv apps that allow for the epg link to be m3u, but since I already had emby free version I upgraded to premiere to use the live tv functionality. Any and all help is appreciated.