New Updates Causing Issues Adding Folders Back and Finding Content

dbriggs32
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

dbriggs32

Finally got around to updating Emby Server (4.6.4) after the DSM update.

I opened it up, everything is gone .. which is fine I dont mind adding it all back. However, when I am adding the folder paths back in ... basically /volume1/Movies ... etc etc it doesnt find anything. When I navigate to folder selection, and select anything:

image.png.86c4cb9a68ba60650537abdd4aac9092.png

It goes back to the normal page and looks like:

image.png.c14119e5c45383a724ba86e47b999c77.png

Completely blank even though it is the correct path. 

Thoughts on why it wont let me select my paths?

• Solution
FrostByte

My guess is you may not have set permissions on your share(s) yet which are a little different with DSM 7

Make sure click the drop down box to change to System internal user and then give "emby" read/write permissions.

permissions.thumb.jpg.da976878cbfcca02d63b94c8ca808703.jpg

BTW: you can probably still get your play state, etc information back by moving the files from your old DSM 6 install by doing the Putty commands from instructions in the migration post.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

dbriggs32
8 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

My guess is you may not have set permissions on your share(s) yet which are a little different with DSM 7

Make sure click the drop down box to change to System internal user and then give "emby" read/write permissions.

permissions.thumb.jpg.da976878cbfcca02d63b94c8ca808703.jpg

BTW: you can probably still get your play state, etc information back by moving the files from your old DSM 6 install by doing the Putty commands from instructions in the migration post.

What the .... what a weird change. Yes this was exactly the problem ... everything is loading now. Thanks for this! 

• Like 1

FrostByte

I think the change to System internal users was for security reasons because you can't logon to your NAS using an internal account and the "emby" account is common to every install

• Like 2