no HDR switch on AppleTV

schlenzie

Seanmac6

Preferred video player has options auto mpv native but if click on native it won't be mpv will it? also rewind and fast forward not working 

On 12/1/2022 at 8:23 AM, Seanmac6 said:

Preferred video player has options auto mpv native but if click on native it won't be mpv will it?

No it will be the native player.

also rewind and fast forward not working 

We are looking into it. Thanks.

Seanmac6
On 11/30/2022 at 11:49 AM, Luke said:

It will get there 

Hopefully it fully look like the native video player before xmas lol
that would be us apple tv emby clients present

• 3 months later...
Ikario

Posting just to +1 and request this feature work on ATV.  I'm mostly using NVIDIA Shield Pros but there hasn't been an update to the hardware since 2019 and right now the ATV has some really nice features like color calibration built in that make it very tempting, but not having auto framerate and format switching working 100% kinda kills it. I know it's 2023 and this has been requested since 2021 and it's still not here but still, can't hurt to add one more voice asking for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Eskape

Same here, no HDR switch on ATV 4k 2023. On the LG WebOS tv app it is switching to HDR on the same content.

• Like 1

joeysuri

Same, no HDR switch on ATV 4k 2022. HDR switching happens in Infuse, also seeing broken Dolby Vision HDR in Emby App 1.7.4, pink/green colors on screen, no issue in Infuse. 

• 1 month later...

Tested also on 1.7.6, still not switching. 
The PIN login is not working, after I login on the emby.media/pin with the TV code shown on ATV nothing is happening. 

1 hour ago, Eskape said:

Tested also on 1.7.6, still not switching. 
The PIN login is not working, after I login on the emby.media/pin with the TV code shown on ATV nothing is happening. 

HI, we'll take a look at this. Thanks for reporting.

Thank you for fixing the login issue in 1.7.7 version on Apple tv!

Please investigate also the HDR switch issue, I am still using the LG WebOS app due to this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eskape said:

HDR switch not working on 1.7.8. Can you please address this fix? Thank you!

Hi, we'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

• 2 weeks later...
hstamas

Anyone using the combo of the newest ATV and a Sony TV know of any way to force HDR on the Sony because I cant find it.

I was hoping to be able to use my ATV full time but not switching to HDR is a huge dealbreaker for my family members who are not going to flip through menu items every time they want to watch a movie thats HDR.

• 2 weeks later...
swallman

Just came here to post the same thing - the failure of the Apple TV app to send an HDR signal so the TV will change is basically making me not use Emby for now.

• Disagree 1

Do you know if Dolby Atmos sound output is related to the HDR switch?
On the LG TV app it is passing the sound as Dolby Atmos while on apple tv, on the same HDR10 content, it is outputting Dolby Digital 5.1. 

gstevie88@gmail.com

Playing HDR titles on the latest Apple TV is not great. The colour is way off and has a green and red washed out look. Has that been investigated in a beta version? Are their spaces on the Test flight for the Apple TV app? I would be willing to test it. 

Naifalotaiby12

I would report this here too for apple tv 2021 4k , I’m a premier emby user , Emby app not sending HDR or Dolby vision signal to my LG tv. Hope this will be fixed in the next update.

Having the same issues with no HDR 10 or HDR10+ switch. Have to use infuse. Native player refuses to play this and mpv is choppy.

Also playback on 1080p via mpv is choppy with sound output and sync. Not an issue with infuse. 

Using the latest TestFlight beta, is to possible to look at adding other player types? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 11:24 PM, vctgomes said:

Is there any news about update?

Hi, we are working on improving this. Thanks.

stephen_hill
54 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, we are working on improving this. Thanks.

I think we'd all appriciate an estimate on when we might expect this to be fixed.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, stephen_hill said:

I think we'd all appriciate an estimate on when we might expect this to be fixed.

It’s going to be a while I’m sure. It’s been an issue for almost 3 years maybe even longer. I’m sure there is a true explanation for it but I lost complete faith on Emby. I would suggest to look at infuse or Plex for now

stephen_hill

If Infuse can do it then so can Emby.

But I pay for Emby, so I shouldn't have to pay for Infuse Pro too just to play my HDR content.