Previous version server & WMC app that configurator works in

mitch2471

mitch2471

Is it possible for the last version of the emby server & wmc app to be attached to the thread or a link provided to where I can download them?

I understand that the configurator has been phased out & the general suggestion is to move over to Emby Theatre but I just can’t get on with Theatre. WMC with emby just works very well for me.

I’m going to be doing a new computer build soon  where I will have windows 7 & 10 on dual boot & would like to port all my plugins & themes from my existing build over to it but I’m assuming I will need to install a version of emby server & wmc app to access the configurator to select my theme etc of preference.  

Hi.  Themes are managed inside of EMC configuration.  The configurator was only needed for external player setup.  I honestly don't recall the last version that the Configurator worked in.  Its been quite a while.

mitch2471

The theme I'm using is quite an old one that didn't ever appear in the emc configuration. The theme is called Neo. Probably dates back to the media browser days. I'm pretty sure the configurator was working up till at least the end of 2020. Any server & wmc app from 2020 should do it if you have them?

Themes are still managed inside EMC itself.  You would just need to put the appropriate dll in the proper place.  I'm sorry but I don't have back versions of the system.

mitch2471

Yeah I tried that. None of the older plugins show up. Even now on my existing build the neo theme does not show up in the emby plugins catalogue even though I am presently using it. Most of the presently available themes say that the themes have to be instaaled from within the app you are going to use them in. Kind of rules out all themes bar the basic included themes.

I don't mean to be rude but someone within the emby team must have previous revisions on file.

jachin99

Maybe you need to copy all of your current EMC directories onto your new computer.  Not just the .dll file but all of the contents of whatever folder its in.  

mitch2471

Thanks jachin99, I did move all of the the directories over. In the end I decided to reformat & start agaim from scratch. It worked perfectly this time around. Not sure what the issue was the first time but, go there in the end.

Randdrick
On 11/17/2021 at 9:06 PM, mitch2471 said:

I’m going to be doing a new computer build soon  where I will have windows 7 & 10 on dual boot & would like to port all my plugins & themes from my existing build over to it but I’m assuming I will need to install a version of emby server & wmc app to access the configurator to select my theme etc of preference.

Hello Mitch,

You can use Windows Media Center on Windows and Windows 11 (I just test on Win 11 and it's work fine). 
You must use this file for that. Instruction are in the zip. (Link below)

https://1fichier.com/?uspsin9ymwps1f5khuuu

Edited by Randdrick

mitch2471

Funnily enough I installed that on a windows 10 machine on Friday. All of my hardware is probably to old for Windows 11 requirements.

I just finished getting the codecs fully working with WMC yesterday. I’m going to run it for a week or two & see how stable it is as a WMC platform. I couldn’t get media control to work with it though which was a shame.

mitch2471

I was able to install Media Control & apply configuration settings but it failed to load for me in Media Center when it should have on each film or tv title that had multiple audio or sub sources.

I originally went the same codec arrangement I use on Windows 7. That is the K-Lite installer & I use FFWD & Lav alongside of Media Control. This just did not work in Win 10 WMC. Some videos played fine; some wouldn’t play at all & others had the audio out sporadically. Media Control did not load at all with video files it should have loaded with. Those video files did not play at all in WMC.

I have uninstalled K-Lite & installed Sharks code package & have managed to get everything working with Lav, AC3 & Microsoft.

If anyone has managed to get Media Control working with FFWD in WMC W10 I’d be interested to hear.

Randdrick
7 hours ago, mitch2471 said:

I was able to install Media Control & apply configuration settings but it failed to load for me in Media Center when it should have on each film or tv title that had multiple audio or sub sources.

To use Media Control with Windows 10, you must install ffdshow 64 ( see link above) and configure it after installation (for subtitle only). Use Shark's Codec to play audio and videos files.

At launch for the first time, Media Control must detect ffdshow. If not, it's beacause ffdshow is at the wrong version.
As Win 7, you must apply default configuration and default configuration for WMC to run Media Control.

7 hours ago, mitch2471 said:

If anyone has managed to get Media Control working with FFWD in WMC W10 I’d be interested to hear.

I use Media Control with WMC on Windows 10 O.S

Edited by Randdrick

mitch2471

K-Lite install both 32 & 64 ffd. I'm familiar with the Media Control set up & first time use etc. Something went wrong somewhere. Video files with multiple subs would crash at start. Just when you expect the little media control icon in the top right to pop up, crash, as in crashed out of Media Center completely.

I just assumed it was either FFD or MC not playing ball in the Win10 environment. That said I am using the MC v6.08 which has served me well for years. What version are you running?

Randdrick
2 hours ago, mitch2471 said:

That said I am using the MC v6.08 which has served me well for years. What version are you running?

ok. I think your problem become of your version. I've the version 6.3.9600.16384 (it's WMC for Windows 8.1) and Media Control run fine with it.

mitch2471

Sorry, I think I may have caused confusion there. I am using Media Center 8.5 & the version of Media Control I have is 6.08.

The set up I have with the LAv/AC3 codec pack seems to be holding up fine at the moment do I’m going to stick with it for a little while & see what happens. If I end up with any issues, I may revisit FFD & Media Control based on what you have said.

jachin99
On 11/23/2021 at 3:34 AM, mitch2471 said:

I originally went the same codec arrangement I use on Windows 7. That is the K-Lite installer & I use FFWD & Lav alongside of Media Control. This just did not work in Win 10 WMC. Some videos played fine; some wouldn’t play at all & others had the audio out sporadically. Media Control did not load at all with video files it should have loaded with. Those video files did not play at all in WMC.

I have uninstalled K-Lite & installed Sharks code package & have managed to get everything working with Lav, AC3 & Microsoft.

There was always SOMETHING I had to change to get this to work and you might jogged my memory here.  I believe that codec packs create their own unique folder structures for the codecs they download. This might not be it but perhaps you have to point media control to the codecs location in windows?  I think the easiest thing to do is just download the codecs you need.  I remember getting on the web archive and digging through media controls old web site.

Randdrick
4 hours ago, jachin99 said:

There was always SOMETHING I had to change to get this to work and you might jogged my memory here.  I believe that codec packs create their own unique folder structures for the codecs they download. This might not be it but perhaps you have to point media control to the codecs location in windows?  I think the easiest thing to do is just download the codecs you need.  I remember getting on the web archive and digging through media controls old web site.

I use Shark's codec pack beacause it'more efficient for WMC. This pack is essential to read mkv files and have dts or ac3 sound. It's more easy to cofigure WMC too
Whith last version of this codec pack, subtitle have somes problems beacause ffdsow aren't installed. This why you must install ffdshow before, to use Media Control and have subtitles run fine.