Help: Search for images (poster, art, etc.) yields no results

Tobi1848
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Tobi1848

Hello, i hope this is the right place and way to ask this - i am in need of some support with my media images.

I have emby running on my Synology NAS - it's rather slow, but until now the only issue i had was long loading times for images in the web app. Since i access the media via Kodi on different devices, this wasn't a problem to me.

Recently I had to set up my network in a different way and the IPs changed. Since then, newly added media is no longer automatically matched with the fitting posters and so on, and when I try to manually edit the images, the search stops after a few seconds without anything being found or displayed.

I have only a very shallow understanding of how emby works and don't know how the new IPs could cause this issue or how to fix it. I tried to look into the log file, but apart from realizing it gives mentioning some kind of timeout error, I am in well above my head.

My guess would be that somehow the tools used to look for the images can not connect to the required servers because of the new IPs but like I said, I have really no understanding on these issues whatsoever and obviously no clue what to do about it.

I would be very grateful if you could help me out here!

I attached the log file, please let me know what else I should provide / look up to give you guys enough information on this issue.

Thanks in advance

Tobi

embyserver.txt

• Solution

Hi, all outgoing communications are timing out and failing, and this is the reason for your issue. Most likely you have something blocking Emby Server from sending these requests. Typical causes of this are firewall, security software, or VPN. Can you look into this and let us know what you find? Thanks.

Tobi1848

Hi Luke, thank you for replying so quickly. 
You were right, it was an issue with the DNS Settings of my NAS - to be honest I don’t really know much about that either but after you told me the issue was most likely to be found outside emby I reset a bunch of stuff and the DNS seems to have been the culprit for blocking off the traffic. 

I am sorry for wasting your time seeing that it had nothing to do with emby and was so quickly fixed, but I am very glad for your help - I’ve looked for and found answers on this forum without posting myself before and I am in awe of the work you put in. 

Thank you again and all the best,

Tobi