Embysrv is not auto created during installation

neneland

neneland

Hi,

Nice to meet all of you. Sorry my bad english ...

I have just installed emby in my Synology NAS DS216J. I have DSM 7 installed.

When I install Emby Server the "embysrv" user is not created in DSM, so I can't give the right permisions, so I can't add my videos folder to a new library ...

Can anyone help me ??

Thanks a lot in advance

Best regards from Malaga (Spain)

Lorenzo Zotano aka neneland

neneland

@Happy2Play and @Luke ... Thanks a lot for your help.

It's working !!!

Sorry but after posting I went to sleep ... 😉

I have tried your solution this morning and it's working right ... I was looking for "emby" user, but I haven't seen dropdown menu option for "System Internal Users" ... Snoob ...

Thanks again !!

Best regards from Malaga (Spain)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
ice00m8n

@Luke

Evening Luke, 

So I decided I wanted to reinstall Emby because I wasn't able to access it outside of my network even after doing I think everything right via Port Forwarding.
Anyways so I decided to reinstall Emby and deleted also the user etc only naturally I left all my movies etc.
So now I have the next problem I can't seem to figure out that I get a automatic "Forbidden" when I specify the 192.168.1.1**:8096 (from a pc in my network)

I think I botched it as soon as I deleted the emby home user/share. What can I try to get this fixed?? 

Heeelp :)

THanks in advance....

Ger

20 hours ago, ice00m8n said:

when I specify the 192.168.1.1**:8096 (from a pc in my network)

I would not think that is going to work.  Normally the .1 address is your router.
You would instead use the IP of the host Emby is installed on.

So if your Synology NAS has the IP of 192.168.1.10 you could access Emby Server as http://192.168.1.10:8096

That IP is also what you would need to use to setup port forwarding as well.

Give that a try and let us know how you make out.

5 minutes ago, ice00m8n said:

Dear Cayars,
The IP address is actually "192.168.1.173:8096/web/index.html#!/home" and this is giving..

Forbidden

Kind Regards, 
Ger

Best guess is you've configured Emby Server network settings/restrictions to cause that. You may have to edit the server config file manually to dig out of that hole.

@cayars this probably deserves a help article so that we can just point people to it. Thanks.

23 hours ago, ice00m8n said:

Dear Cayars,
The IP address is actually "192.168.1.173:8096/web/index.html#!/home" and this is giving..

Forbidden

Kind Regards, 
Ger

Would you like me to do a support session with you sharing your Desktop so we can look over and adjust the network settings to get this to work?

Or would you rather try to figure this out here in the forum?

ice00m8n

Dear Cayars, 

Please if you could that would be REALLY really appreciated.
I live in Haarlem, The Netherlands in regards to time difference.

Kind Regards,

Ger

Edited by ice00m8n

Best guess is this is being caused by emby server network settings. @cayars please add this to your list to create a help topic on this so that we can just point users to it.

You will probably need to edit the server config file to loosen up whatever restrictions were configured that is preventing your access.

ice00m8n

@cayars Thanks so much again for remotely connecting and helping me sort this one out.
Couldn't have done it without you!! 👏💪

Edited by ice00m8n
  • Thanks 1

ice00m8n

Dear Luke,

From what I saw @cayars had made a number of changes in the config file that seemed stuck from the previous version of Emby.
The main things I noticed that he had adjusted where the following:
1. After turning off the Emby Server it was still noted in the config file to be online. (done via ssh)
2.So he adjusted this to false while the server was stopped and saved it.

Oh yes and from what I noticed he had adjusted the local IP address too at one point. Not sure though to what extent that helped/did.

@cayars could you please specify more what you'd adjusted?
Oh yes and Cayars was so helpful that he even helped with getting my port forwarding sorted :)

And again thanks goes out to your amazing support team @Luke @Cayars 

The issue was actually one line in the system.xml file where you assigned the server IP to the blacklist.
So you essentially banned Emby from talking to itself. :)

The safe way to do this is to first shutdown Emby if running and make a copy of the system.xml file just in case you mess up or want to revert back to it.
Then you edit the system.xml file (nano is good for linux) and basically want to remove all traces of IPs, domains, certs.
Save and restart Emby and try again.

I'm going to be documenting this for a KB article this weekend as well as include a sample system.xml file there for reference.