Cheesey Productions Presents: IRIDIUM

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

So… had a bit of time to spend on this, i created a side bar menu system and wondering your thoughts on the menu system. 

the idea is less clicks to where you need to get to. Minimalist concepts have created enormous nesting. Windows 11 is such a huge culprit of this and i hate it.

1. it will be visible but collapsed
  2. navigating left from a scroller will expand it
  3. navigating right in the menu takes you to the library content, library scrollers. 
  4. Navigating up would take you to the top menu
  5. recommendations will be a great feature me and @rbjtech are working on… iridium exclusive 

60AC147A-E306-4262-A022-30F5D38B40E7.png.44ba28bb6d5030776e8302dc060ffeb4.png

F0A9B8F9-95CD-4C0B-B3AC-4360F0D53C29.png.1a3512b9e1a85cd41e49434dc139972f.png

• Like 4

Cheesegeezer

Home screen is getting there.  ignore the dual taglines

image.thumb.png.78fd9b39f3d1be56421e6f0377fa8577.png

image.thumb.png.888376080bc50b566b8c713493afee5e.png

• Like 6

arrbee99

Looking good. Really like the new font.

Is this actually a kind of Theater alternative, so is for PC use ?

Also, in case you hadn't noticed, big, big fan of backdrops, any chance of views that emphasise backdrops and try to get out of the way of them as much as possible - no posters in front, text at the bottom etc pleasey.

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
12 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Looking good. Really like the new font.

Is this actually a kind of Theater alternative, so is for PC use ?

Also, in case you hadn't noticed, big, big fan of backdrops, any chance of views that emphasise backdrops and try to get out of the way of them as much as possible - no posters in front, text at the bottom etc pleasey.

Thanks fella

yes is for desktop, and TV UI’s
Mobile i don’t see the need to develop for mobile/tablets. Emby’s native mobile apps are pretty sweet.

I think thats an easy view to implement you could take list view from page 1 and just have the list with no poster(mayb have that option to display poster and details or not)

i did a video of it working years ago when i developed this theme for WMC Emby. 

• Like 1

arrbee99

Thanks for the info.

I know I take the opportunity to bore everyone silly with this but I obviously like this kind of look -

- see post #4, which would be nice on a stand alone app. But of course you are writing this app to have it the way you want to look, not how (almost) total strangers fancy it....but you know, if you feel the urge...

And a Home screen

1900156099_EmbyHomescreen2.thumb.jpg.a17d4cced8e23c7e3d2ab0b40724cbdb.jpg

even

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Thanks for the info.

I know I take the opportunity to bore everyone silly with this but I obviously like this kind of look -

- see post #4, which would be nice on a stand alone app. But of course you are writing this app to have it the way you want to look, not how (almost) total strangers fancy it....but you know, if you feel the urge...

And a Home screen

1900156099_EmbyHomescreen2.thumb.jpg.a17d4cced8e23c7e3d2ab0b40724cbdb.jpg

even

Dude, those css screenies in your linked post are great. Are you a js dev? 

arrbee99

Ha, I wish. css, mostly from the great Happy2Play. My only skill is politely asking others for their kind help 😀

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
King Pin

I want this so bad.  

You know what I always thought would look cool is the way my arcade is setup. 

Very 3D like.  

Capturej.thumb.JPG.683a742293b874e70051af4123f11e14.JPG

• Like 1

cassete

Excelente. Quando teremos acesso a essa maravilha ... aguardo seu feedback

Obrigado.

Cheesegeezer
14 minutes ago, cassete said:

Great. When will we have access to this wonder ... I look forward to your feedback

Thanks.

Mi amigo, it’s in the making. Will probably hit desktop and LG tv first. Then lets see what happens 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I really liked it, and I can't wait to try it out!!
I would be so happy if I could get my hands on a beta version!

AMAZING LOOK

On 5/2/2022 at 3:59 PM, gihayes said:

I am definitely interested in testing!!
I am a lifetime subscriber with a Movie library of over 2000 items, a TV library of over 247 complete series, over 3000 Music Artist, and a Video library thousands of items. Over 17TB of media in all.
I am running the latest release of Emby, not beta.
My system gets a workout daily.
I am currently running emby on my computer (Windows 10, AMD Phenom 9850, 2600Mhz), but will be getting a Synology 920+ NAS next month.
I am definitely interested!!

Pfft, hold my Dr Pepper 🤣

image.thumb.png.669af8f4a84093160fda0807672f3d2b.png

sydlexius
1 hour ago, Dizzy49 said:

All that capacity and you're using a toy OS + dodgy software to "pool" your drives?  Better than plain drive letters I guess 😛

1 hour ago, Dizzy49 said:

Holy Rocket Rangers man! LOL. 😆 

I'm gettin there. With the help of Arr automation and Ombi I am up to 30TB now. 👍

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sydlexius said:

All that capacity and you're using a toy OS + dodgy software to "pool" your drives?  Better than plain drive letters I guess 😛

Over the past 20 years I've tried all kinds of OS, Hardware and Software combinations.  I've lost my entire collection twice due to issues that were not supposed to happen on those other products.  I'm going on 9yrs on Drivepool and while I've had a couple issues, none have been catastrophic like the others.  Worst was that I ordered 4x WD Gold drives and 3 of them died within a month.  I had the data duplicated, but some of it were on the other drives that died.  I still didn't lose everything on those 3 drives.

At this point I've adopted a "if it works don't touch it" mentality :D

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly is this?  I love the look of it, but I'm not entirely sure what it is.  It LOOKS like a Theme that would be applied to the front end.  Would that install on the server, or somehow on the client?

sydlexius
1 minute ago, Dizzy49 said:

Over the past 20 years I've tried all kinds of OS, Hardware and Software combinations.  I've lost my entire collection twice due to issues that were not supposed to happen on those other products.  I'm going on 9yrs on Drivepool and while I've had a couple issues, none have been catastrophic like the others.  Worst was that I ordered 4x WD Gold drives and 3 of them died within a month.  I had the data duplicated, but some of it were on the other drives that died.  I still didn't lose everything on those 3 drives.

At this point I've adopted a "if it works don't touch it" mentality :D

I used to roll with Windows 7 + DrivePool + SnapRAID some time ago, but that last solution was always having sync issues (I did not make use of Drivepool's duplication feature).  Additionally, I'd sometimes experience race conditions with DrivePool, and the simplest way out without data loss was to reboot.  Added with the fact that SnapRAID wasn't a real-time parity solution, I ended up dumping everything and slowly switched to UnRAID, since a lot of the same philosophies applied (proven OS, "native format" on each drive, but with real-time parity on dedicated disks, and the ability to spin down inactive drives).

sydlexius
4 minutes ago, Dizzy49 said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly is this?  I love the look of it, but I'm not entirely sure what it is.  It LOOKS like a Theme that would be applied to the front end.  Would that install on the server, or somehow on the client?

It is a theme, and it has all the usual restrictions that third-party themes have...namely, most "fat" clients won't support them.

Cheesegeezer
39 minutes ago, Locutus64 said:

Betting 11/15/2022 comes and goes and this will be a work in progress.

More than likely, been working on other community projects. And life, farm, work tend to get in the way. Plus I’m still learning JS and im actually going to release this first on LG WebOS first i think. Or windows/linux/MacOS desktop app.

my huge sticking point at the moment for further development is keyboard and remote navigation and its a real PITA in JS. 

so until i get that sorted there will be very little visual’s getting done.

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, sydlexius said:

It is a theme, and it has all the usual restrictions that third-party themes have...namely, most "fat" clients won't support them.

Not a theme but its own UI using the emby API

whats”fat”?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

Not a theme but its own UI using the emby API

whats”fat”?

He means client apps that you have to install.

• Agree 1