Unable to access this server right now - Emby Connect

Bearus1987
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Bearus1987

Hi,

I have 2 x Emby servers, one of which has a local account with my Emby connect account linked to it. On this server I can access it by signing into app.emby.media in my browser and I see the server, click on it and it loads striaght in....

On my 2nd Emby server exactly the same I have a local account, my Emby connect linked to it so when I sign into the app.emby.media page it appears for me to click on but I get the error...

We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again.

The only way I can get in is if I add server using the IP address and the local username / password. I can't understand why as the server is identical setup from what I can see to my primary server but can you assist at all?

Bearus1987

Hi Ebr,

I am hoping you can assist me as I figured this was the issue. For some reason my new server looks like it has both an IPv4 address and an additional IPv6 subnet and this must be the issue.

On my working server the LAN and WAN address are matched IPv4 addresses but on the 2nd Emby server whilst the Emby LAN address is showing the correct IPv4 address it seems to be picking up the other IPv6 subnet for the WAN address.

Can you either guide me on how to change the WAN address to my IPv4 address within the Emby Server settings or if this needs to be done from the Ubuntu server do you have any idea on what command I might need to disable that additonal IPv6 subnet?

Hi.  You can put your proper WAN address in the "External Domain" field in the Network tab of the server dashboard.

Bearus1987

Hi Ebr,

I tried tweaking network settings earlier and completely locked myself out of the server so had to reinstall

Can I just confirm in that External Domain field can I enter http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8096

Where the above xxx is my IP Address? Also do I need to enter the port or just leave it out as I see other areas in settings where the port is shown...

Appreciate the help

• Solution
Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Bearus1987 said:

Hi Ebr,

I tried tweaking network settings earlier and completely locked myself out of the server so had to reinstall

Can I just confirm in that External Domain field can I enter http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8096

Where the above xxx is my IP Address? Also do I need to enter the port or just leave it out as I see other areas in settings where the port is shown...

Appreciate the help

Example shown here

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/103346-remote-wan-ip-changed-format/&do=findComment&comment=1088131

Do not add port to External Domain.

Once you've updated to Emby Server 4.6.5 please try this again. You shouldn't have to customize the remote address in server network settings anymore. (It's better not to). Thanks.