Is it possible to set a simultaneous channel limit?

huelm
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Hi

I would like to limit the simultaneous channels that can be watched in live tv. I have an iptv subscription with 2 allowed simultaneous connections. Now i would like to be able to watch channel a on 3 different devices and channel b on another. This seems to work if i disable the simultaneous stream limit in the live tv settings of the m3u playlist. 

But this also allows for a user to switch to a third channel, which in turn kicks of the user(s) watching the first channel. Is it possible to just limit the number of channels that can be watched simultaneously?

Edit: I should probably also mention that i run emby behind xteve. I don't know if this scenario would work if i use my providers playlist directly in emby

Edited by huelm
explanation

• Solution
13 hours ago, huelm said:

Is it possible to just limit the number of channels that can be watched simultaneously?

Hi.  That's what the simultaneous stream limit is.  Why do you feel this isn't working for you?

Hi ebr.

You're right. I checked again and it seems to be working and doing exactly what i want... When i was trying it out yesterday I got an error message saying that no more compatible streams are available. Then i increased the simultaneous stream limit and it was working... Maybe something got stuck or i accidentally tried a third channel.

If it happens again I'll see if i can find anything in the logs. First time emby user and just setting it up and getting used to it.

Sorry for the confusion 🙂

Edited by huelm