Loading, please wait on now TV Box

jessvass1973

jessvass1973

Hi Guys,

I'm new to MB and now TV. I have installed the latest MB Server on my windows 8.1 Dual core intel E5200 2.50ghz machine. I have 8GB of Corsair Ram

and when using Media browser on the now TV box only playing certain files seems to be affected. I have Season 1 of "under the dome" in 720p MKV format

and every few seconds when watching an episode I get the screen showing "Loading please wait" the episode resumes for a few seconds and loops like that.

The strange thing is that I have watched entire movies in MKV format without the issue. I have disabled DLNA Play to and DLNA server in MB Server and under

advanced settings>transcoding I have had it set to auto and also "higher speed lower quality but faster encoding" on the now TV box I have tried with the video quality

setting on 3.2 HD (default) and also lowered it down to 996 which makes no difference. I have turned off theme music on the box also but still this issue remains unresolved.

I am considering a re install of Media Browser to see if this helps. I have attached my log files, please help.

Thanks guys,

James 

server-63545970161.txt

transcode-9051f66b-98a9-4eb7-87e5-c24b63f8b467.txt

jessvass1973

To add to this I have just tested again and the files giving me problems are 720p MKV files around 2gb in size. I am currently watching a 1080p MKV file which is 9gb in size and 10 minutes into the movie it has not shown the issue once.

I have selected a different episode of the same series and it's played for a few minutes now with no issues. it could be an issue with just one file so I will watch this episode via a different method this evening and see if I have the issue again with other episodes. I was unable to deipher the log files so perhaps someone here can help with these.

I have my NOW TV and Roku 2XS both set to 20Mb in the MB app and never have an issue.

Do the problematic videos play OK in the web client?

Happy2Play

jessvass1973 are you wired or wireless?

Edited by Happy2Play

You know how to access your media in the Dashboard/Web client via a browser?

Just navigate to a video and hit play.

Also, read this: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10318-the-web-client-your-portable-media-manager

And this: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10013-media-browser-serverweb-client/

Edited by CBers

• 1 year later...
Arniceous

I get  loading please wait quite a bit on many movies that EMBY is transcoding to my Roku device as well. I've hard wired my connection and auto/defaulted every setting including 3.5 mbps streaming setting in transcoding option. This seems to be an issue I can't solve. The Movies are served from my Asustor 604T NAS the WD Red 4TB HDD has a 20% buffer of free space and all media is usually H264 720p or 1080p 2400 kbps - 4000 kbps .mkv or mp4 2.9 GB on the average. EMBY does a great job transcoding vs the direct with my roku to NAS which cannot understand ac3 or aac audio streams so I am greatful just wish the constant loading please wait every 5 to 8 minutes could be solved. my bandwidth is 250/120 mbps on the average and internal bandwidth is way more than enough. maybe in the future a version will be released that allows us to choose cache size for reading movie I would allocate  1024 x 10 = 10240 mg if need be. I think the cache is too small and it runs out of space. Any thoughts??

Hi, can your network handle higher than 3.5 mbps? if so, try increasing the in-app bitrate setting and that will reduce the likelihood of transcoding.

Arniceous

I'll try increasing the bandwidth setting to 5.0 Mb and report back tomorrow. Also notice that the emby app on my roku alos has a speed setting I'll make sure they both are equally set.  I also dropped the thread count from Auto/MAX down to 5, hopefully  that will have a positive effect.

*Supplemental

Lowering the thread from max or 8 to 5 seems to have alleviated the loading please wait interruptions; however the quality was significantly lower so I have raised it to 6 hoping to find a happy medium between quality and saturation. My NAS Specs are as fallows:

Data Transfer Rate: 600 MBps

Processor: 1 x Intel Atom 2.13 GHz

Number of Cores: Dual-Core

RAM: 3GB DDR3 SDRAM

Storage Operating System : ADM 2.6.0 RAR1

Brand: Asustor

Model: AS-604T

Compatibility: Mac, PC, Unix 

as604t_zpsknkb8g8x.jpg

I'll report back if thread count 6 is the best for my stackup.

Edited by Arniceous

Arniceous

Success the settings that finally worked for me were:

Playback streaming 720p 

4c474220a5a772f61a565cdbf478c2d5.png

Thread Count 6

712e19d356b15c517baf0e2281f0e53b.png

Sync Settings Upload Speed 5 Mbps & CPU Core Limit 2:

1e07cdacd5b1f467fd9d3411e6e2ea17.png

I also enabled prioritization to my Roku Devices via Linksys WRT 1900AC:

2a6b4b98807c3aacdb219f9538eb8ff7.png

Thanks So Much System Architect for the higher bit rate suggestion. 500 Mbps did the trick and lowering my thread count to 6

Edited by Arniceous

Well done. Fyi - sync settings will have no effect on Roku. It is only for the sync feature. Glad things are running better.

CBers

I get  loading please wait quite a bit on many movies that EMBY is transcoding to my Roku device as well. I've hard wired my connection and auto/defaulted every setting including 3.5 mbps streaming setting in transcoding option. This seems to be an issue I can't solve. The Movies are served from my Asustor 604T NAS the WD Red 4TB HDD has a 20% buffer of free space and all media is usually H264 720p or 1080p 2400 kbps - 4000 kbps .mkv or mp4 2.9 GB on the average. EMBY does a great job transcoding vs the direct with my roku to NAS which cannot understand ac3 or aac audio streams so I am greatful just wish the constant loading please wait every 5 to 8 minutes could be solved. my bandwidth is 250/120 mbps on the average and internal bandwidth is way more than enough. maybe in the future a version will be released that allows us to choose cache size for reading movie I would allocate  1024 x 10 = 10240 mg if need be. I think the cache is too small and it runs out of space. Any thoughts??

Try using @@speechles's Blue Neon Night for Roku, as it has more playback options in it.