Movies naming does not work

Ratatouille

Ratatouille

According to https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001159102-movie-naming

Split video files (file stacking)

The following are default stacking extensions that can be added to file names. # can be 1 through 9 or A through D. Stacking is supported for video files (but only when each video is in its own folder as in the example below) as well as dvd and blu-ray folder structures. Split videos require all parts be in the same movie folder with no other videos present in that folder.

• part#
  • cd#
  • dvd#
  • pt#
  • disk#
  • disc#

You can also use:

• moviename#.ext

Where # can be A through D

Examples:

\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)-cd1.mkv
\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009)-cd2.mkv

I tried in same folder or separate folder

does not work got a movie 8 hours 4 CD got 4 icons the same instead to get only one with the the menu to pick parts or I get only one but the first part when they all together in same folder!?

2021-11-13_124844.png

2021-11-13_124553.png

Edited by Ratatouille

Happy2Play

Media should be in same folder not separate folders.

image.png.e23ee4a15e2fbdfebddbf0e26718b7e3.png

image.png.ac03255941ff0b0af0876045d3cbb4c5.png

And I believe the Android apps do not allow you to select part it just automatically plays them. ebr has mentioned this in a couple topics.

GrimReaper

Seeing your're on Linux, where folder/filenames are case-sensitive, "CD" is not equal to "cd", might wanna try lowercase letters there. 

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Seeing your're on Linux, where folder/filenames are case-sensitive, "CD" is not equal to "cd", might wanna try lowercase letters there. 

Just tested case and it did not make a difference in my test.  Testing in a different library to write nfo files and images to folder and got this.

image.png.a62ae673859c31db2a2805e8243ac49f.png

image.png.4d6750b2d1ee5cbc20e3206b157f1034.png

@RatatouilleWhat client is that?  You image shows some missing images and nfo files.  May need to see a server log for this media being added also.

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Just tested case and it did not make a difference in my test. 

Was that Linux machine? 

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Was that Linux machine? 

No it was Windows, so I guess in theory this could be a case platform issue.  But would think this would be coded the same way on both platforms.

Only client that does not show additional parts is Android that has been reported in that section that I have seen.

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Only client that does not show additional parts is Android that has been reported in that section that I have seen.

Yep, Android TV won't list additional parts - but will play them in sequence, though. 

Ratatouille

I found the solution

replace "-" by "." so instructions need to be corrected.

2021-11-14_095934.png

2021-11-14_095917.png

Edited by Ratatouille

Happy2Play

Technically there does not need to be any delimiter before "cdx" on your naming scheme.  But really have no idea why "-" did not work for you.

image.png.a328f3f8ebb7ade6427f5e46499eaa67.png