Camera Upload

mike2610

mike2610

Hello! 

Thanks for all the incredible work that you've been doing over there! Truly incredible!

However I've been using the camera upload for a while and I've noticed a few things I was hoping you could take a look at when you get the chance:

Firstly, when I remove the pictures/modify them on the upload folder, they don't re-upload. While I can definately see the use of this, I would find it helpful to include a button the clears upload logs so that in case I want to, I can re-upload all of my photos from my phone again.

Additionally, when I upload my photos, much of the photo EXIF data uploads with it which is really nice. However I notice that none of the GPS tag data uploads with the photo. When I manually upload the photo (me plugging in my phone and dragging and dropping the photos into the appropriate folder) I can see the GPS in the details, however I don't see it if the photo uploads through emby camera upload.

I was hoping that you could look into these issues when you get the chance. Thabks again for all of the hard work you are doing!

• 4 weeks later...

I would find it helpful to include a button the clears upload logs so that in case I want to, I can re-upload all of my photos from my phone again.

Hi @mike2610 yes this is something we need to add.

However I notice that none of the GPS tag data uploads with the photo. When I manually upload the photo (me plugging in my phone and dragging and dropping the photos into the appropriate folder) I can see the GPS in the details, however I don't see it if the photo uploads through emby camera upload.

Hi, that's odd because we're not modifying the image from it's original format. We'll take a look though. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
nmkaufman

I just got a new phone, and I'm also having problems with Emby camera upload stripping the GPS tags from my photos.

It must vary, based on how the individual phone stores GPS data, because my LG V20 retained it's GPS tags when uploaded with Emby.

New phone is a Samsung A12 4G.

Sample images attached, both original (pre-Emby) and after (stripped of GPS).

Emby Server Windows x64 4.7.6.0

Emby for Android 3.2.61; Android 12

Edited by nmkaufman

OK, as it turns out, stripping EXIF data is part of the android Q privacy feature set. We'll have to update the app to request additional permissions when enabling camera upload.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This is exciting - I was just hoping to see if Emby supports carrying GPS data prior to subbing to Premier.

Keeping an eye out on this thread for sure.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
RobsterUK

Hi, I know this is an old post, but rather than starting a new one for the same thing.

I have tried using the Camera Upload feature from my Google Pixel 6. But unfortunately the GPS data was stripped. As far as I can see this is the only EXIF information that was modified.
Unfortunately this will probably delay my use of this feature.

Is there an ETA on when this will be available in the Android App?
As this will be a game changer for my camera roll backup routine, if Emby can handle it with all of the metadata.

4 hours ago, RobsterUK said:

Is there an ETA on when this will be available in the Android App?

Hi, no ETA, but it's planned for future updates. Thanks.

• Like 1