RPI running "mobile/offline" Emby Theatre install

aerospyke
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

aerospyke

Hey everyone... because I'm bored, and I don't like long car trips with the kids being loud, I decided to play around with one of my RPI's running Emby THeatre and hook up a screen to it... now this works great, while i'm on the LAN with my server. But when I'm offline, it doesn't seem to give me the option of using the "downloads" option like my laptop does when i go travelling. Am I doing something wrong?

Overview

Emby server running on server at home.

Emby Theatre from image downloaded on emby site installed on RPI3b

When at home, I can view library and play no problems. Seems to be nice and smooth but my testing wasn't on this part.

Select movie and choose download, and it asks to download to the home directory.... which is fine, but then doesn't pick up that it's now local for "offline" viewing

When putting this bad boy in the car and powering by car, and thus, not on wifi connected to the emby server, I cannot get to anything, local downloaded movies aren't showing

Is this even possible? Am I doing anything wrong? Is it just not supported on RPI version of the app? As I said, the config is extremely basic, I just etched the image from emby site, in the raspconfig on first boot, just gave it wifi access, locale/time settings and told it to autologon to console and that was it. Nothing else, first, and subsequent boots it just boots to emby theatre just like I want. Don't want to run server on the pi, just an offline cache of movies but the emby front end the kids can use easily

Edited by aerospyke

• Solution

Hi, the app does not support playback of downloaded content at this time but it is planned for the future. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
kaktuspalme

Is there an ETA for that feature? I just subscribed to Premiere because here it shows offline media is supported:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001173099-emby-premiere-feature-matrix

But I downloaded the raspberry Pi Image as well as emby theater desktop flatpak version and I don't see any possibility to play media without a connection to my emby server.

So for the moment I cancelled the subscription.