Remote connection stopped working

dirtylilfunker

dirtylilfunker

Hi, up until about two days ago my Emby server on Nvidia Shield worked perfectly remotely but now all of a sudden people can't log onto my server. Advises connection failure. I have my Shield connected via ethernet to my router so internal works fine. I've read through your connection troubleshooting page and still can't get it to work again. I've changed nothing in the last few days. The port 8096 has always been forwarded using the IP showing in Emby dashboard. The troubleshooting page asks to check canyouseeme.org. for a matched IP but this isnt the same as my dashboard. The dashboard is the IP of my Nvidia Shield and canyouseeme.org.  shows the IP of my router. Any ideas?

Thanks

DLF

17 hours ago, dirtylilfunker said:

The dashboard is the IP of my Nvidia Shield and canyouseeme.org.  shows the IP of my router. Any ideas?

On your dashboard, are you not seeing two different URLs listed?
One should be for Local and one for Remote.

If you're not seeing this check your Network menu and make sure you have Remote access turned on.
Let us know what you see and what that option is set for.

dirtylilfunker

Thanks for the reply. I do see two URL's one for Local and one for Remote and remote access is definitely turned on

Thanks

dirtylilfunker

Hi, just to let you know it appears to be working again as of tonight....have no idea why it's started working again, haven't changed any settings etc.

Thanks for your help though

dirtylilfunker

Can i just add too the remote (WAN) access URL has now changed to something that looks like a normal IP address whereas the one i've had for the past two days was nothing like a normal IP address, it was much longer with a load of jumbled characters and no dots etc. Is this normal? Could this have been why connections weren't being received. Again i haven't amended any settings; they've just changed on their own.

Thanks

Happy2Play

There are actually several topics recently and can only guess ISPs are doing IPv6 changes on their networks as you are seeing changes between IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

Now every time your network sees that change it is dependent on Emby Connect to update also and there is a interval where it will have mismatching information for your true WAN address.